Hi everybody!

New to the Forum & BB in general and had a question. I've had my Pearl 8120 for about a month now. Reallly like it so far, however yesterday I noticed that I can't seem to access my "about" screen in the settings/options menu(the "about" option is there, but when I click it nothing happens). I've installed (and uninstalled) several different apps over the past weeks, but this is the only glitch I've had so far. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the phone at all, just strange(and a little worrying).

The only thing I can think of is that I used MAxMem to clear up some space. Could this have wiped my "about" screen too?

I did a search but couldn't find any related topics.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    02-25-09 09:40 AM
    thats exacly what it is. I did that a little while ago and deleted some other stuff i shouldnt have and had to re install OS.the "about"worked fine after that.wouldnt suggest doing it just to recover the about info though...hardly worth the time. if you need that info just hold alt key and type eace
    02-25-09 09:51 AM
    Tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:54 AM
    okay cool. Thanks for your help.
    02-25-09 09:56 AM
    If you delete the VAD you cannot access the about screen. That is an option in Maxmem so that is what happened. If you hold down the alt key and press RACE it will bring up the help screen with all of the info that you would find in the about section anyway.
    02-25-09 09:56 AM
    i did when it happened to me. nothing. it could be a result of another problem and that may work. pretty coincedental though with the use of maxmem
    02-25-09 09:57 AM
    Tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did a soft reset, but no dice. I'm not gonna sweat it too much unless I see any other problems pop up. Need to upgrade to 4.5 soon anyway.

Thanks tho
    02-25-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD