Great lisa!!.. glad that worked. I misunderstood, somehow I thought you had already tried resending service books much earlier. Glad all is good.
    02-22-08 09:08 AM
    Great lisa!!.. glad that worked. I misunderstood, somehow I thought you had already tried resending service books much earlier. Glad all is good.
    Thanks Gadget I didn't really understand the service book concept, because it said to use it only if you weren't getting emails and I've never had a problem with that, so it didn't even cross my mind.

Weight off my shoulders now, so thankful.

Thanks for helping out!!
    02-22-08 09:11 AM
    sorry to interrupt but wanted to say GG and Member 1 love your avatars!

And Lisa....angelina isn't hard on the eyes either
    02-22-08 09:18 AM
    LOL no she is not
    And interruptions welcome anytime...
    02-22-08 11:15 AM
    sorry to interrupt but wanted to say GG and Member 1 love your avatars!

Thanks! It's a little know fact, but GG is really my dad! See the resemblance?
    02-22-08 11:50 AM
    Okay, just so you know, IT WORKED!
    Just resend and baddabing!
    Congrats! I was going to try this the other night, but it just so happened to be the same time as RIM was having issues/updates with their servers.
    I'll give it a try and see if it also fixes my issues with multiple entries.
    02-22-08 11:54 AM
    soooo son, you still having your "missing Invite" problem?? Resending Service Books didn't do it for you?

edit: ahhh didn't see prior post.. let us know how ya make out.
    02-22-08 11:57 AM
    Ok...Resent...Two calendars now, one for each e-mail account, can add attendees. Now I just hope I don't have issues with multiple entries on my calendar once I sync. If so, then I'll need to remove the CICAL email accounts. But more than likely if I do, there goes my two calendars, and the option to add attendees.
    02-22-08 12:09 PM
    Hey all...a bit of a newbie myself but I had the same problem lisamarieee and a few others had. I messed around with it a bit and found the problem. Go into the email settings icon (you may have to choose "show all" if you dont see it on screen) once in email settings log in and down near the bottom you will see a link that says service books. Click this and it will prompt you and reinstall your carriers service books. Once I did this it corrected the problem and the invite option showed up under calendar. Hope that helped.
    ntippey likes this.
    02-27-08 01:46 PM
    Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem - no invite attendee.

Have tried loading/reloading software etc etc

Battery pull and checking with phone carrier.

But still nothing.

Can i try something else?
    03-10-08 05:20 PM
    Sorry - didn't help me at all.

Any other suggestions?
    03-10-08 05:26 PM
    My boss had a similiar issue with his blackberry and the invite attendees feature disappearing. He had to Backup and Restore his blackberry to its original settings to get that feature back. This is what he did:

1. On your Desktop Manager, click on Backup and Restore.

2. After you backup, in your menu on the blackberry, select Options, Security Options, General Settings, then click menu button and Wipe Handheld. This will erase your blackberry to its original settings.

3. When finished, (you may have to go through the set-up wizard again) plug your blackberry into your PC and click on Backup and Restore again. This will restore your information.

You should have the invite attendees feature back. Hope this is helpfull.
    03-12-08 05:15 PM
    I was experiencing the same problem and found that if I create the event and then reopen it, the Invite Attendees option shows up in the menu. I am using a Curve 8330, and running my default calendar plus 3 additional gmail calendars - FYI. Not sure about the Service Book fix.
    11-08-10 10:53 AM
    Cheers Bluwarior,
    New Torch, had no invite attendee option.
    I found under options/device/advanced system settings/default services my email address only had messaging (CMIME), no Calendar (CICAL) present.
    To fix:-
    Setup/Email Accounts/select relevant email addr & login /full menu/service books/send service book
    When I went back into default services I had Calendar (CICAL) and invite attendees option now restored.
    02-23-11 03:26 PM
    I had to remove the cical as well and it killed the "add invite" option on the calendar. Sent service books and all is good.
    04-25-12 11:08 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD