I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add applications to BB pealr 8130! i get go to my devicve manage and application loader and when i go to add i get the error message "No additional applications designed for your device were found." i have read many posts telling peple that they need to update or re-install the operating system and the device manager, and i have tried re-installing and updating many times through peoples instruction and i feel dumb because i dont know if i am not understandingh or just plain doing it wrong. will someone please run me step by step what the heck i need to download or update exactly and where i do this from. i am on my last nerve! thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 07:49 PM
    What app are you trying to load?
    04-01-08 07:53 PM
    anything, ive tried downloading free apps from blackberry sites or ive tried just adding trial apps, i cvant get anything on it...

04-01-08 07:57 PM
    You need to download your phone's OS onto your computer too. Once that is done you will not get that error. If you are using Sprint you can go here and download it at https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...mTycGJ675HHA**

Select your device and download and install on your computer. Not the desktop manager downloads but the wirless handset downloads. That should take care of your problem. You may need to reboot once you're done. Can't remember
    04-01-08 07:59 PM
    i tried downloading that a little bit ago but i dont belive ive rebooted since, ive been trying to figure this out non stop, i will try downloading it again and rebooting to see if it works. heres hoping. thanx!

04-01-08 08:03 PM
    Please let me know how it went for you. This happened to me and Sprint told me I must download apps using my handheld only!! They said my Firewall on laptop was preventing apps from being loaded using my desktop app loading software...I gave up after a few attempts...but If someone figures it out,,,PLEASE post (I like many probably like keeping all apps in my laptop & only loading the ones I'm currently using!!)
    04-02-08 09:43 AM
    What firewall is preventing you from using your laptop? You can always turn the firewall off just while synching with your BB and turn it back on afterward. I have never had any firewall issues with mine. If you let us know what firewall (3rd party, Windows, etc.) we can most likely find a way around it for you so that you can load your apps from you pc.
    04-02-08 01:41 PM
    gotcha..im not even sure that was the issue..that was sprints idea..i will try shutting off windows firewall & try it anyway...i think i'm gonna try to get my OS instlld on my laptop like you suggested..that link above is dead though..can you repost it for me? thnkx
    04-04-08 12:47 PM
    Hello..
    I am also having the same problem and i am with virgin mobile... any suggestions?

thanks
    10-17-08 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD