I have a Blackberry 8130, and I ordered a headset from Ebay that was LISTED AS a Blackberry pearl headset, however, when it came in the mail it said "for iphones!"
    (I should stress, it is not a bluetooth earpiece it is headphones to use for handsfree talking or listening to music that fit into the jack)

Can I use this with my blackberry? I don't really want to open it to see in case I have to send it back...
    I figured someone here might know. It looks like the one I ordered except for that. I've asked the seller but am waiting to hear back... I thought I might as well check here in the mean time in case someone knew! Thanks!
    09-15-08 09:43 PM
    I use an iphone headset for my blackberry so I dont see why you would have a problem
    09-15-08 09:44 PM
    I do with mine also.
    09-15-08 10:56 PM
    Bluetooth is universal is it not?
    09-16-08 10:10 AM
    Bluetooth is universal is it not?
    for the op (I should stress, it is not a bluetooth earpiece it is headphones to use for handsfree talking or listening to music that fit into the jack)
    09-16-08 10:12 AM
    Yeah achmell, he clearly said that it is not Bluetooth! You probably skimmed for the words Bluetooth, headset, and iPhone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 05:21 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8830, is there a way to use iphone headset with it? i bought 3.5mm to 2.5 mm BB convertor, i can hear music and make a phone call but the caller on the other side of the line cannot hear me. what is the problem and how can i solve it?

I tried to use mono-to-mono convertor that allows me to use the phone but then the music is not in stereo.
    09-16-08 07:49 PM
    It does work! Thanks everyone!
    09-18-08 06:30 PM
    My understanding is that the adapter would be the weak link, it has to have the correct 3 transmitters on it (R,L, and microphone).

I have a Blackberry 8830, is there a way to use iphone headset with it? i bought 3.5mm to 2.5 mm BB convertor, i can hear music and make a phone call but the caller on the other side of the line cannot hear me. what is the problem and how can i solve it?

I tried to use mono-to-mono convertor that allows me to use the phone but then the music is not in stereo.
    03-27-10 12:14 PM
    Here's hoping an Iphone headset will work for me as well as the new pearls have a full size jack, not a mini. I went through four 8100's under warranty my first year because the jack in the phone kept wearing out. I'm pretty sure all the newer Pearls have a metal full size jack instead of a plastic mini jack. Now the jack isn't breaking but I'm running through headsets...you'd think I live with it on..oh wait, I do. If it's a good book I even sleep with it on...

My personal issue is that I listen to MP3 audiobooks all the time and wear out my headsets in a few months. When I upgraded from the Pearl 8100 to the 8110 I hoped to have the ability to use the Bluetooth for mp3, but still no go. The BB web site indicates that it should work, but doesn't. If anyone knows how to send mp3s through a Bluetooth let me know.
    Last edited by TubaMamma; 03-27-10 at 12:50 PM. Reason: wrong model numbers, typos
    03-27-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD