im going crazy that i don't have the new bbm that my friends have showed me. this could be a dumb question but is it possible to get the update a need to get the 4.5? i've gone to update software on my phone but it says no updates are available. sad day for a blackberry user please help!
    10-22-09 11:39 AM
    Look at the stickies at the top of this forum. There is one for the latest version of the OS for each of the Pearl models (make sure to pick the right one). That thread will contain links to the OS, as well as instructions to install it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 02:26 PM
    First, you can't update your software from your phone unless you're on a BES, you're not, you will need this path direct your computer's browser to blackberry.com>software>Desktop Manager (DM) either pc or mac, download and install the DM to your pc, connect your device, DM should recognize it, perform a back up of all aps and data (there is a wizard behind the "backup/restore" icon in DM) if DM doesn't automatically search for updates when you connect, locate and click the "check for updates" link (lower right corner), make sure you select 4.5.0.131 at the minimum, then follow the steps in the wizard. After your device reboots after update, restore your data, then direct your device browser to blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger to get the newest BBM 5.0.0.33 and enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD