the disk that came with phone only works on xp and older...huh ...are we in 2009 or what????? can anyone PLEASE help me!!!!
    08-01-09 07:18 AM
    if the cd does not install then download it from the internet. You do have access to the internet right. Oh wait, your probably installing Roxio. If your using Roxio and I cant understand why you would then I dont have a clue.
    08-01-09 07:49 AM
    This can be accomplished without the media manager at all, and in a much simpler fashion.
    Simply plug your bb in, and it should prompt you to enable mass media mode....
    turn this on, and the bb then shows up as a drive in windows explorer.
    Simply drag and drop files to the music folder, and boom your done.
    If you do not get a prompt to turn on mass media support, navigate to options->media card. And enable it in there. Then plug the bb in, and it should pop up giving you an option to view the folder...
    Hope it helps you out..
    cheers
    jrv
    08-01-09 10:55 AM
    Jrv is 100% right try that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 12:43 PM
    the disk that came with phone only works on xp and older...huh ...are we in 2009 or what????? can anyone PLEASE help me!!!!
    You might get that impression, if you were not aware that Vista requires Administrator privileges to install the software.

Load the CD, Open Windows / Computer / CD Drive.

Locate the program and right click. That brings up the properties, including Run as Administrator.

Of course, the first thing it will do is recommend an update to the latest version.

That will take care of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, but it has nothing to do with transfering music.

I strong advise installing a Media Card. That will let you treat it as a removable drive under Windows and you can use the Windows File Manager with drag and drop ability.

08-01-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD