I am legally blind. I've got 20/400 vision in both eyes, and as a result I have to put my phone very close to my face to see it. This is not a problem. My closeup vision is fine.

My friend who is totally blind has a Nokie N95, and he has a software package that actually gives the phone a voice. It tells him what keys he is pressing, and I believe it reads the screen, too.

I don't know if any of you know about JAWS for Windows, but it is similar to that.

Do they have anything like this for Blackberry OS? I don't really NEED it, but it would be nice to have, especially on the subway where I don't want every criminal in NY to know I have a vision problem! I could use headphones.
    09-26-08 10:09 AM
    I know there are speech to text programs out there and websites that you can use for that. But Text to speech, I have not heard of anything like that for blackberry. After doing a google search, I haven't found anything either
    09-27-08 11:36 AM
    If anyone does find anything, I would be interested as well. I'm legally blind also. My biggest thing is the theme font color scheme on my Curve. If there is a way I could change the font color on themes, I would definitely be a very happy camper.
    09-15-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD