can i install another mobile os for my bb. my friend has a htc hd2 and he can install windows 95 and ubuntu to his phone. he can install windows95 for pc. why can't i install any gnu java os to my bb? can i do this?
    09-14-10 08:30 AM
    Short answer, no. Cannot be done.
    09-14-10 09:08 AM
    The HD2 is basically a small PC. That's great that he can use many different OS's on it, it really is.
    Blackberry was built from the ground up to be a fully secure system, from the BES/BIS servers, to the phone OS to the device firmware itself.
    To get that level of security, you have to give up some freedoms. Those being the ability to install other os's, and even deep modifications to the existing OS (like you can do with CE, Windows Phone OS, Android, iOS [jailbreak], and some others).

It is one of the things I missed about my HTC Wizard, being able to edit the registry, hack things up, and in general play with it. My BB just works, and it works well for what I need it to do. That being connecting me to my clients and contacts, and knowing that I am doing so safely.
    If you want a phone you can hack up, change around, and mold to your every desire, than the BB isn't for you...
    09-14-10 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD