Are there any gain table settings that can be hacked like with the Motorolas? I upgraded to OS 4.5 and everything is great, but I've noticed the call volume is a bit lower through the earpiece.

I tried a reset, and that didn't work.

Oddly, when I play the media player through the headset it is loud as ****. Anyone know a way to change the default high volume past the max?
    08-26-08 08:49 AM
    profiles > (scroll down to) advanced > loud (active) > phone > default volume is medium.

Also try loading louder tones... Other have talked about this before on here... Check the Ringtone section... Some have posted louder tones and option to making them louder.

Good luck...

* this thread may help...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/fru...ume-low-16856/
    08-26-08 09:16 AM
    Thanks, but maybe I wasn't clear. Was in a rush when I posted.

It's the volume when I'm speaking to someone. They sound a bit low. This is during a conversation, and I have set the call volume to 100 by default.

Oddly, when I play media files thru the headset, nice and loud.

Ring volume is great.

It's funny, because before updating to 4.5, my talk volume was higher, but not as clear. Now, the calls are crystal, but a little lower, and it can be a problem outside.

Hopefully, they'll be an update to 4.5 that fixes this.

I have 4.5.0.55, BTW.
    08-26-08 09:31 AM
    I have the same problem!! I hope someone can help!!
    08-26-08 01:29 PM
    MRSubway- I got my problem fixed!! I hope this will help you!!

I backed up my phone using BB Desktop Manger. Then I did a master reset by going to - Options - Security -General - From here press the BB botton ther should be an option called Wipe Phone

Be sure you have backed up your phone b/c this completly removes everything!!

After you have wiped your phone restore eveything using the desktop manager. All of your personal settings should be back to normal. Mine were!

This worked for me I hope it will for you too!!
    08-26-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD