Trying to see if anyone else has this problem. Anytime I answer an incoming call, the volume sounds like its on full blast speaker phone when its not. After about 3 seconds, without me touching any buttons, it adjusts itself to normal volume. Its just really loud when I first answer, and I work in an office so its kind of annoying. My settings are set for 50% volume when answered, and automatic volume control is off, so I'm not sure why its soooo loud for just the few first seconds, then goes to normal.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!
    12-08-08 12:27 PM
    Did the phone get wet in any way? My friend had a similar instance with his but that was after he dropped it in the sink.
    12-09-08 03:01 AM
    I think there is a auto adjust sound feature that might be on. Look in your volume controls. That might be the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 05:28 AM
    Did the phone get wet in any way? My friend had a similar instance with his but that was after he dropped it in the sink.
    I haven't submerged it in water, but have dropped it in the snow numerous times, but thought I got it all out. That must be why it's doing it, and not any settings. Damn...

Thanks for your help!!
    12-09-08 02:53 PM
    Have you upgraded your os. There is a bug with certain os that causes this problem.

12-09-08 04:31 PM
    i have the same problem and it started doing it after i upgraded to 4.5.97 ?? what is yours?
    12-09-08 06:21 PM
    Mine fixed itself when I went to .97 but I was having the problem with .76 or whatever I had last.

12-09-08 07:04 PM
    Yeah I upgraded my OS, but can't pinpoint the exact day it started, both incidents were around the same time.

I think its v4.5.0.77

Is that the right number??
    12-10-08 09:55 AM
    Mine did this last night too....I'm on the latest OS
    12-10-08 09:59 AM
    I'm pretty sure it is a bug in the os. I am running a beta and it seems fine. They should be putting out a newer official since the betas are out there.

12-10-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD