I have a new blackberry pearl 1830 and I noticed just recently that when I talk sometimes I hear a buzzing sound in the earpiece. It's as if I am talking talking through a bug zapper. It only happens for a few seconds but it is quite annoying. This is my replacement phone because my previous Pearl was defective. In addition to the buzzing sound one of the buttons is already coming off. I hope at the store they can just glue it. But the real issue right now is the buzzing sound. Any suggestions?
    08-25-08 10:25 PM
    If it's within 30 days, take it back. They'll give you another new phone. There's no point in trying to debug something that new. If it's a manufacturing defect, other latent problems may pop up on day 31. Get rid of while you can.
    08-25-08 10:38 PM
    I am going back to the store tomorrow but it took me forever to get all of my settings back to the way they were. I am afraid that this time they will want repair to look at it before swapping me a new phone. We'll see.
    08-25-08 10:51 PM
    Back everything up using DM. Better yet, insist they either copy everything over for you (not good since they may not know how) or let you take the new phone and the old one home with you and you can use the DM Switch Device Option to copy everything over yourself.

I hope you get a good result.
    08-25-08 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD