How does this headset stack up against the rest? Does it work well with the Verizon Pearl 8130? Thanks for your input.
    11-29-07 08:18 PM
    I have AT&T. So, I can't speak for the 8130. I've personally used, broke, sat on, dropped in the rain, in the toilet.....at least 12 different bluetooth headsets in the last 18 months. I currently use one (Jawbone) and have not had any problems. All BT have issues in moderate to strong winds. The jawbone is a little bit pricy. Still, I save more on not having to replace the other cheaper headset(s) you can purchase online seeking a good deal. I just purchased the BT8010 Jabra as a back up. Friendly Advice: Spend a little extra and pay for the quality. You'll be glad you did. I hope this helps you.
    11-29-07 08:45 PM
    Thank you for the info. It is a bit pricey but I have a Moto H700 and it wasn't too cheap when it came out...my wife uses one too, but I had really bad reception with my Razr phone. With the 8130 the sound is really much better, but she could use two (she is always misplacing hers) and then she could keep one in each car. Maybe I am just looking for an excuse to get a new one for the new phone, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it, lol. But before I went for such an odd looking, expensive, BT I wanted to know how the BB users felt about it. Thanks again.
    11-29-07 09:19 PM
    "The Bluetooth technology in Jawbone is designed to work seamlessly with any Bluetooth compliant handset. However, not all Bluetooth is created equal - certain CDMA phones (like Sprint or Verizon) can under perform compared to GSM phones (like Cingular or T-Mobile). While Jawbone works well with most CDMA phones, a few may have issues with call quality and/or audio switching between the handset and the Jawbone, such as the HP iPaq and LG VX 8300".
    I found this in the Jawbone website, I did not know there was a difference between CDMA and GSM phones when it comes to using Bluetooth headsets.
    Any input would be appreciated by anyone who is knowledgeable about this.
    02-13-08 10:34 AM
    It is a bit pricey but I have a Moto H700 and it wasn't too cheap when it came out...my wife uses one too, but I had really bad reception with my Razr phone. With the 8130 the sound is really much better
    I'm using the Moto H700 as well cory and very satified with its performance. Jawbone is just too big/cluncky for me. I'm sort of considering the BlueAnt Z9 just for coolness factor, but don't really want to give up the convenience of the H700 flip on/off boom.
    02-13-08 10:44 AM
    I too, like the flip on/off feature of the H700, although the button on/off of the jawbone works very well. Size wise, the jawbone is really not all that much bigger when the "boom" on the H700 is opened...besides GG, with ears the size of yours, ANY headset would appear small! The Jawbone is as light as a feather and everybody tells me they can hear me better and I know I can hear them better...both louder and clearer. I do HATE the original Jawbone ear pieces...once I got the ear gels that were recommended here and altered the ear loop a bit, I really like it now, but it's a shame I had to do all of that with what the Jawbone costs. I hear good things about BlueAnt products from Click here...I never heard of them before, but like their styles...I just hope it won't get lost on your ear!

P.S. I had no idea there was a difference in headsets with GSM or CDMA.
    02-13-08 12:11 PM
    I have just posted having problems with the Jawbone and the 8130 and after the helpful people here at Crackberry, all is good. This is a nice headset. It is a little bulkier than I would like, but call quality is superb! Highly recommended if you can chunk out the change.
    02-13-08 12:27 PM
    ...besides GG, with ears the size of yours, ANY headset would appear small! .... I hear good things about BlueAnt products from Click here...I never heard of them before, but like their styles...I just hope it won't get lost on your ear!
    Yeah, its tough complimenting these stunning looks with style & functionality! I'll let you know how the Ant works out if I get it.
    02-13-08 02:08 PM
    There are some pretty good reviews on a lot of them here.
    Bluetooth Headsets | CrackBerry.com
    Just picked up a Blueant Z9 for my GF for V-Day. I'll check it out for myself.
    They look pretty good. I was leaning toward a Jawbone, but from some on line reviews, while the device worked great, the fit and feel was lacking.
    02-13-08 02:18 PM
    I use my Jawbone w/Curve and have no problems so far.
    02-14-08 08:01 AM
    Another 8300/Jawbone user here. I got the Jabra Minigels and replaced the stock earpads with them. Now I don't even use the earloop anymore! The Jawbone is definitely the headset of choice IF you can get it to fit your ear properly. I can talk on it with the car window down and the other person hardly notices. It does struggle, like every other headset, with noise if the wind is blowing directly on the mic. I have never had a single pairing/disconnect issue with the Jawbone. I use it for telecons when I work from home.
    02-14-08 08:24 AM
    I tried the Blueant one and it just never sat in my ear right and after a while, it got real annoying having it in my ear so I went back to my favorite, the Motorola H700. It has been the best for me!
    02-14-08 04:55 PM
    i bought a blueant z9 a week ago.

i love it,

it works great...fits great...looks great...

no tunnel noise...no static...no echo...easy as all heck to use...paired in five seconds,,,

turn it on bb finds it instantly..turn it off bb doesnt waste battery looking for it.

call quality is excellent...

i have heard both literally and figureatively the jawbone is a great device....but a little too postmodern art for my head...

-db
    02-14-08 05:19 PM
    I got the Jawbone and cant complain about it. Its been the best for me and whomever I am talking to by a mile. Audio on both ends is better than any of the Motorolas I have had. (I didnt try them all) I would buy another Jawbone if I was looking to purchase.

Bob
    02-14-08 05:28 PM
    I just got the Jawbone and I'm not that impressed with it. Maybe I just expected to much after watching those Jawbone Films

I'll most likely be trading it in for the Moto H12.
    02-14-08 07:17 PM
    I just got the Jawbone and I'm not that impressed with it. Maybe I just expected to much after watching those Jawbone Films

I'll most likely be trading it in for the Moto H12.
    +1

Those videos are VERY misleading.... I have people that can hear my tv in the background...CRAP
    02-14-08 07:43 PM
    Same thing. They say its not that loud, but still... like you said... very misleading commercials.
    02-14-08 08:22 PM
    I do not like the Jawbone for two reasons: Getting it on my ear in the first place - I had to snip off the rubber band on the ear piece and buy Jaba mini-gels to make it work and now that's fine, and secondly - the poor charger connection, as I find it difficult at times to get it to make the connection and keep it...I have to be very careful when I sit it down. But sound wise, I couldn't be happier - it is louder and clearer than any Moto I ever owned and people tell me they simply do not hear the background noise, even when it is very loud.
    02-15-08 07:56 AM
    Just looked at the Moto H12...looks like their version of the Jawbone. If anybody purchases the H12, please give us a rundown on it. I liked the fit of Moto headsets but I had a RAZR before my 8130 and the sound was terrible - if I didn't have my RAZR in my shirt pocket (and even then it was bad) I had very poor reception. I had two H700's and both of them stunk; now my wife, she uses them with her RAZR and she is happy with the sound. The Jawbone's sound was just so much better...I am curious about the H12...please let us know how it works with the 8130.
    02-15-08 08:08 AM
    I should have my H12 in a few days.
    02-15-08 10:51 AM
    I should have my H12 in a few days.
    I am anxious to see how you like it compared to the Jawbone...not that I can afford to switch right now, but my next one may be the H12 or a BlueAnt.
    02-15-08 11:11 AM
    cory... i really like the blueant...

i used it all day today and i didnt even notice it...

-db
    02-15-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD