I downloaded the new software for my Pearl yesterday and now the default for my browser is Blackberrymobile. I went into my browser configuration and tried to change it and it won't let me delete it so I can change it. Any other tips????
    12-05-08 10:31 AM
    Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now.

Also resend your service books if you need to.
    12-05-08 10:52 AM
    Ok. I'm sorry I'm a newbie. Resend service books??? I registered and I still can't get rid of mobileblackberry.
    12-05-08 11:08 AM
    12-05-08 11:14 AM
    So, I went to resend my service books thru blackberry. They told me to set up an account. So, I did then they told me that an account already exists for this pin. I asked for my password, they sent it to my phone and the message said there is no user name or password for my pin....what did I do wrong here????? Raahhrrrr!!!! Please help!!!!
    12-05-08 11:38 AM
    Best to just call your carrier at that point.
    12-05-08 11:48 AM
    Does Alltel have a BIS website? Sprint has a BB site that the service books can be send from. Try running the setup on your phone again/ But press 'forgot password' instead to see if that does anything for you.
    12-05-08 04:26 PM
    Ya, I finally called Alltel and they had to go in and reset my user name and password in their Blackberry site and then we manually deleted all my service books and they pushed them back. I guess the default browser on 4.5 is now mobileblackberry as I'm still not able to change it. The other issue was with Facebook. I had no Facebook icon and it wasn't hidden but it showed up under my service books. Even when I deleted Facebook from my service books and tried to reinstall Facebook it said it already was downloaded on my phone. So, I just opted to replace the download already there and everything seems to be up and running so far. Not sure if it was worth all the trouble just to be able to MMS!!!!!
    12-05-08 04:33 PM
    Good to hear you got it fixed.
    12-05-08 04:38 PM
    Yes....thanks to everyone out there with their suggestions!!! That's why I love this website! You guys are great!!
    12-05-08 04:44 PM
    Sighs - still not fixed my browser problem. Even with the new phone. I have 8700c with at&t and when I go to 4.5, I lose Blackberry browser and only have cingular, which I have an issue where I ALWAYS lose the cursor, so then have to scroll down and back up for it to appear (or click menu and select mode every few lines).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD