Had a hardware issue with the original pearl last week, so i exchanged it on saturday for a new one . . .sunday night rolls around (after over 25 hrs without internet) and sprint finally fixes the issue and after a month of service, signs me up for BIS. . . . fast forward to 2 am monday morning, searching for the old programs, and some new ones, to sustain my 8130 I stumble across this (gallery.mobile9.com/f/293149/) PDF reader, as noted on the forums here. So I download it, and of course, fall asleep to it downloading. Who would hav ethought my alarm actually wouldn't go off the one day I am off of work? Oh well, I roll out of bed around 11, to only see my berry's hourglass churning away. . . . and that is as far as it has gotten across 5 hours.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(already pulled the batt about 6 times..held power on to no avail...)
    02-18-08 02:36 PM
    Chris... That $ucks!
    Here look thru this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bri...ase-help-8519/
    02-18-08 02:42 PM
    strike one... but thank you, anyone else have ideas?
    02-18-08 02:49 PM
    02-18-08 02:53 PM
    well... lack of data cable, and lack of ability to back up contacts is going to be the death of me. I am so ****ed.
    02-18-08 02:54 PM
    Sorry dude! Don't know what else to tell you or what direction to point you in. Good luck!
    02-18-08 02:56 PM
    well... lack of data cable, and lack of ability to back up contacts is going to be the death of me. I am so ****ed.
    To many *'s for screw!
    02-18-08 02:57 PM
    Sorry to hear that Chris because yes, unless you wipe & reload OS as Pete has instructed... you truly are bricked, without alternatives.
    02-18-08 03:00 PM
    no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    my last backup was the day i got the first pearl....(over a month ago) and now i will lose the 40 new numbers i got, and NONE of them are from people in my area, all work contacts' personal lines.... DAMNIT!!!

thanks for the help tho gents

(ps, hte **** was not screw)
    02-18-08 03:06 PM
    if i use back up info from a prior handset, will this screw up my phone (ie pin and other device sensitive info?!??!!)
    02-18-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD