if i keep my bluetooth on on my phone it stays on fine but when i have my jabra headset paired it disconnects after a few minutes but it disables itself too. everysingle time, i dont know why, i have to go in and enable bluetooth again, but i dont have to pair it again it automatically does
    04-26-08 06:49 PM
    I guess no one cares to help me out or try to answer my question????
    04-27-08 12:46 PM
    Make sure your BT LED is enabled:

Options>Bluetooth>Menu>Edit>LED Connection Indicator:On
    04-27-08 03:49 PM
    Wow. Not everyone knows every answer to every question or is on all the time. Have a little patience, or do a search for your answer. This is NOT the first time this question has been asked.

Like GadgetGeek said, if your bluetooth indicator light is set to "off", your bluetooth will auto-disable.
    04-27-08 05:26 PM
    flurry i know im just impatient. ya know, and also i have the blue led disabled cuz it kills the battery but that should have nothing to do with that anyway.
    04-27-08 05:59 PM
    The light does have something to with it in this case. It seems if you keep your BT light on, the disconnect occurs less frequently or not at all. I don't have any disconnect problems with mine, but I set the light to "ON."

The battery difference isn't that noticeable.
    04-27-08 06:01 PM
    flurry i know im just impatient. ya know, and also i have the blue led disabled cuz it kills the battery but that should have nothing to do with that anyway.
    Interesting... First no patience to receive a helpful suggestion, then when one is offered, its disputed without test. You're welcome. The BT LED Indicator in fact DOES have something to do with it... its a recognized OS issue and has been discussed mutiple times in this forum... a search would have shown you that. Secondly, the LED light uses virtually no recognizable battery power and will not kill your battery.
    04-27-08 06:30 PM
    ok gadget i did try what was suggested and it didnt work, and it seems like the battery goes low when its on, sorry if i offended you gadget. thanks everyone else
    04-27-08 07:11 PM
    Have you done a battery pull since turning the LED back on?
    04-27-08 07:17 PM
    Apology accepted Mike

hmmm.. turning on the BT LED most always remedies the disconnect issue
    Have you tried the battery pull as sunkast suggests?
    04-27-08 07:43 PM
    sunkast and gadget i have tried every suggestion givin to me, for some reason it disconnects. its a pain in the balls.
    04-29-08 06:35 PM
    I have sprint and its a Verizon Bluetooth. Should that matter?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 07:06 PM
    The only thing I can think of is, Ive read where if the battery is low it will turn off the radio.
    04-30-08 09:58 PM
    Are you attempting to use any other bluetooth devices at the same time? For example, my external GPS cannot be used concurrently with my bluetooth headset.
    04-30-08 10:05 PM
    I had the same problem.
    Solved by setting BT light on. Never had this problem again since 3 weeks. Not much effect on battery life.
    05-01-08 12:11 PM
    Kinds weird. It stopped shutting off and all of a sudden works. The led us off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 07:48 AM
    Make sure you go to Set Up Bluetooth then open your Options menu and make sure the field that says Discoverable is set to Yes. Hope this helps!
    05-03-08 08:18 AM
    Setting Discoverable to YES will not solve your problem. Once the devices are paired, it is not necessary to keep them discoverable. In fact, it's a mild security risk, since you are allowing others to see your phone if they are in range when they scan for bluetooth. On my morning Metro ride, I can usually see 5-8 phones when I scan.
    05-03-08 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD