I usually have my headset (Jabra VBT185Z, yeah yeah I know it sucks) in when I'm driving to and from work. However, my vzw Pearl 8130 randomly drops the bluetooth connection. it's not like the battery is too low on the phone or the headset. And seeing as the headset is still on coupled with the fact that when I RE-enable the bluetooth connection inside of the phone it connects again just fine, I don't think it's the headset.

when I go into the options I see that the bluetooth is disabled, as in 'red x' next to the option. (see attached screenshot). I'm running v4.3.0.97, and I found a link HERE that says this is a known existing problem. my question is, was it supposedly fixed and this is a re-occurance or does anyone know if OS 4.5 will take care of this issue? Thanks.

06-05-08 12:30 PM
    I am having the exact same problem with my jawbone headset. I tried a different headset (motorola h710) but that didnt help either. my issue is exactly the same, still searching for the answer......
    06-09-08 03:49 PM
    *whew*

It`s not just me then, I thought my ol motorola bluetooth finally had its day.

That sucker just dont die
    06-09-08 09:04 PM
    I Read in another Forum that if you keep the bluetooth led indicator light on it seems to work. Im gonna try it today.
    06-10-08 08:29 AM
    It Definately Works. I Had The Light On Since The Last Post And Havent Lost Connectivity Yet.
    06-15-08 05:16 PM
    same issue here- definitely not the headset.
    07-04-08 08:12 PM
    Do a quick search, this is a very well known issue!! The LED light trick works to a certain extent. It certainly cut down on the number of times I need to go in and reconnect, although it doesn't eliminate the problem completely.
    07-05-08 06:27 PM
    Good to know its not just me.... I'm a truck driver, and my boss gets kind of irritated when he can't reach me... And it sucks because I miss out on all the good jobs!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD