My plantronics and Jarba bluetooh don't work well, lots of static. which device will work best with my 8130. any suggestions welcome.
    05-10-08 01:54 PM
    I purchased the Jawbone headset and it has been great. I also own a 8130 and I haven't had one problem with the headset.

The only drawback is the headset felt uncomfortable for about two weeks. (The manufacturer uses a hard plastic for the portion of the headset that fits inside of your ear.) However, by adjusting the portion of the headset that fits over your ear and using multiple earpieces, you can find a comfortable fit for the Jawbone.

In addition, the Jawbone has a talk time of approximately six hours. I have found this to be accurate and I have worn the headset for eight hours without any discomfort.

I hope this will help you resolve your bluetooth dilemma.
    05-10-08 03:45 PM
    I also had no static with the Jawbone, but I couldn't get it to fit right - tried for a week and then returned it. I also had a blueant z9, which fit great, but had static.
    junior2you likes this.
    05-10-08 05:35 PM
    I've had no problems with my Jabra.
    05-10-08 05:46 PM
    Which jawbone did you all get? Aren't there many different ones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 10:30 PM
    cool. My brother uses the Jawbone. I will sync and try before I buy.

Jeff
    05-10-08 11:51 PM
    I use the BlueAnt Z9 without any issues of static- the downside to me; not enough talk time.
    05-11-08 12:01 AM
    I have the Jawbone, and it was great when I used it. Problem was, I never used it because it fit like crap.

I just got a Plantronics Discovery 925 and I love it. It fits in my ear perfectly and it is so light that it has no issues staying put until I take it out. The sound is perfect, actually I'd say better than perfect. It sounds way better than the Jawbone too. Also, the sound canceling feature of the 925 is as good as it gets in my book. Bottom line is that I love this thing and won't replace it for a long long time.
    05-11-08 12:47 AM
    I've been using my Plantronics 510 Voyager exclusively and really like the pairing and performance between the two.
    05-11-08 01:19 AM
    I have a motorola h5 and it works great.
    05-11-08 01:42 AM
    Hey, I asked the same questions a few days ago and was very surprised at what I found out. After about 4 or 5 days of reseaching I ended up just spending the 6$ on consumer reports.com to get some real information from someone that wasnt trying to sell me something (other then a subscription to their opinion) And they ended rating the motorola H700 as the highest on the quality of sound having its only downfall being the price. I nealy went with the newest jawbone beacuse of what everyone was saying about it untill I went to Consumer reports who put it at average with the "ease of use" being difficult and it really turned off their testers who also said it was about average in quality and not enough in to compensate for the complicated operation. The review was done in january so the prices were a little off and mayber there are some other new better products but I just bought the motorola yesterday and so far people cant tell the difference of when im useing it or not.
    On the other end of things I have not tested it in a noisey envoirnement and most of what I know of bluetooth devices is thanks to consumer reports, so my advice is pay the 6$ for a months online subscription and check it out for yourself.
    Jeremy
    Ps, I also have a bb 8130 and im starting to love it more and more the longer I have it.
    05-11-08 04:13 AM
    Oh and one more thing, the consumer reports had the motorola H700 listed at a 100 bucks and I picked it up at frys electronics for 65 bucks. Just so you know the prices have coem down a bit since the review.
    05-11-08 04:17 AM
    I have just been through the bluetooth thing and tried three different ones. The Jawbone(not comfortable, too big and bulky), the Plantronics 520(static, buttons too small) and the Moto H710 which I love. Great sound, no static, and easy to use. This was also the only headset I tried that had call waiting.

Hope this helps!!
    Laurie
    05-11-08 06:56 AM
    One thing thats normally left out of these reports is that bluetooth on any device is hit or miss. It doesnt really matter to me what consumer report has to say- especially for $6.00.

The bottom line, we could all stand in a room with the exact same phone- but every last one of us could be using a different BT headset- simply because what works for one doesnt necessarily work for all; thats right up there with "One size fits all".... it doesnt

While CR sold you on the Motorola H700, it doesnt work well for me. I currently use BlueAnt's Z9. In my testing, BlueAnt put Moto to shame.

Hey, I asked the same questions a few days ago and was very surprised at what I found out. After about 4 or 5 days of reseaching I ended up just spending the 6$ on consumer reports.com to get some real information from someone that wasnt trying to sell me something (other then a subscription to their opinion) And they ended rating the motorola H700 as the highest on the quality of sound having its only downfall being the price. I nealy went with the newest jawbone beacuse of what everyone was saying about it untill I went to Consumer reports who put it at average with the "ease of use" being difficult and it really turned off their testers who also said it was about average in quality and not enough in to compensate for the complicated operation. The review was done in january so the prices were a little off and mayber there are some other new better products but I just bought the motorola yesterday and so far people cant tell the difference of when im useing it or not.
    On the other end of things I have not tested it in a noisey envoirnement and most of what I know of bluetooth devices is thanks to consumer reports, so my advice is pay the 6$ for a months online subscription and check it out for yourself.
    Jeremy
    Ps, I also have a bb 8130 and im starting to love it more and more the longer I have it.
    05-11-08 08:29 AM
    A bit of info for you Jawbone users, you can put Jabra eargels on the Jawbone for a better fit. I have been looking at a Jawbone as I drive truck for a living and liked the idea of the noise cancelling feature.
    05-11-08 09:14 AM
    One thing thats normally left out of these reports is that bluetooth on any device is hit or miss. It doesnt really matter to me what consumer report has to say- especially for $6.00.

The bottom line, we could all stand in a room with the exact same phone- but every last one of us could be using a different BT headset- simply because what works for one doesnt necessarily work for all; thats right up there with "One size fits all".... it doesnt

While CR sold you on the Motorola H700, it doesnt work well for me. I currently use BlueAnt's Z9. In my testing, BlueAnt put Moto to shame.
    As much as I respect your opinion of blue ant VS moto you cant sit there and honestly slam Consumer Reports. Yea it was only six bucks but its not like they are a multimillion dollar company who's sole revenue is providing a non-bias professional reveiw of the latest electronics on the market, oh wait thats exactly what they are. So when they say their profesional testers who's enitre job is to test electronics say they had more static issues with one headset over another and one had more advantages over another I would have a tendency to agree with them since they tested over 50 headsets and could compair every one on the market at that time. So I think I have a pretty credible source.
    To be fair I am referencing a review that was done 5 months ago and the headsets you like was not inlcuded in the review. But all in all you still cant say that just because it was six bucks its not a valid source of information even if it is 5 months old.
    05-11-08 11:33 PM
    I tried the Jawbone today. worked great. doesn't fit too well. The button are tough to use.
    05-12-08 10:41 PM
    Yea I have had my motorola h700 for about a week and Its the exact opposite.
    I fits really well and is amazingly easy to use but it picks up alot of backround noise or so im told. The ear piece is amazing, I can hear almost as good as holding the phone to my ear, the only difference being I cant slam the ear piece to my head when I can bearly hear someone because their signal sucks or they are in a loud room. Other then that I am very happy with it.
    Im pretty sure there is no perfect bluetooth out there, as far as being the best technology and fitting well.
    Thanks for posting your results.
    Jeremy
    05-14-08 08:45 PM
    we carry the blueant x3 in my store so i decided to try it out and i love it great loud sound, great range, and when my bb is in my pocket it doesnt get fuzzy
    05-14-08 08:46 PM
    we carry the blueant x3 in my store so i decided to try it out and i love it great loud sound, great range, and when my bb is in my pocket it doesnt get fuzzy
    What's the price of the BlueAnt X3?
    05-14-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD