I recently was trying to update my Blackberry Pearl 8110 through the desktop manager, and... I think I messed up, everything was going fine until the my laptop started making the "dunk\dink" noise of a device connecting and disconnecting repeatedly and the desktop manager told me something along the lines of "There was an Error when trying to load a multipart application".

My blackberry is blinking it's little red light, and won't turn on, I'm downloading the 4.6 software separate directly from the blackberry site to try to install again.
    If anyone has any advice or could help me fix this I would really appreciate it.
    I'm lost as what to do.
    12-18-08 03:59 PM
    well that might be your problem there is no 4.6 for the pearl only 4.5 BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com try this link
    12-18-08 04:01 PM
    You are not confusing Desktop manager and the OS update itself are you? They are two different things...
    12-18-08 04:04 PM
    I fail at blackberry, sorry

But thank you for responding and the link, I'll be back to report how it goes.
    Thanks again
    12-18-08 04:07 PM
    No you will succeed same thing to me today just follow that link and read the steps....blinking red light...usb...plug in now etc.... I did take the battery out of mine and put back when done don't touch give it time to come back around. I did it twice today before got it up and going again.
    12-18-08 04:20 PM
    Well, I did everything the article said and it got to the second stage of installing the software when it stopped and said "unable to complete the loading operation".

and

"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

nothing but a close option, I'm going to try to do this again.

the stage it froze on was "device initialization", btw

[EDIT]
    So, tried a second time, same result, any clues??
    Last edited by gowillierad; 12-18-08 at 04:39 PM. Reason: development
    12-18-08 04:32 PM
    If you have a media card in your phone, try removing the media card prior to doing the upgrade. If the media card is in the phone while connected to the USB, it always prompts you to enter mass storage mode, which can confuse the download midstream while it reboots the phone. Just a thought. I installed 4.5 to my 8120 without any issues, but I removed my media card first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 04:42 PM
    No media card
    Anyone know anything else? I tried taking out the battery for a few minutes
    and putting it back in but, same thing, slow paced flashing red light.
    Everything on the linked tutorial went as it said it would but there was an error, like I said above duringthe "waiting for device initialization" stage.

thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by gowillierad; 12-18-08 at 05:03 PM. Reason: errorsthe
    12-18-08 04:45 PM
    That problem has occurred occasionally, the culprit is usually your USB port. BlackBerry has published a paper dealing with trouble shooting USB problems.

View Document

If it still does not work, try a different computer.
    12-18-08 05:15 PM
    Thanks for the help everyone, but nothing has worked.
    Tried multiple computers same problem, I have one last hope and that is to try to reinstall the original software instead of the 4.5 update.
    Does anyone have a link where I can download the 4.5 OS?
    12-18-08 06:22 PM
    *sigh* Yeah, my phone is doing the same thing...nothing is working
    04-18-09 01:17 PM
    I think you guys should try this it should help

How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder
    04-18-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD