So, you know how it goes... To make a long story short, I washed my pearl. Stupid me. Of course, I followed all the steps, and a week later it's all dry. But it still won't turn on.

So, anyway, Am I screwed? Is it possible to have water damage repaired? If so, where would I get repairs, and more importantly, how much lighter will my wallet be?
    01-05-10 06:58 PM
    Well sumtimes tht can b the end of it...if its not wrkin afta a wk it prob will nt wrk period.I'm nt sure if it can be repaired but most phone companies won't fix water damage even if u do have insurance.my pearl had water damaged bt i dried it immediately usin a hair dryer.it took a couple of days 2 remove all the water spots but it was wrkin the nxt day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 05:28 PM
    I think that you should see this as an opportunity to upgrade to a bigger BB. If you're not eligible for an upgrade, they can be had at decent prices on eBay.
    Laundry detergent and a complete wash cycle is much different that just spilling a glas of water on it. Not all water damage is equal.
    I think your pearl is done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 07:11 PM
    I was given a Pearl that was dropped in a full glass of Orange juice. It never worked again for my friend even after a year of drying. When she gave it to me, I took it apart and found that it had some corrosion, especially on/near the battery contacts that touch the motherboard. This was preventing the phone from turning on at all. I simply removed all of the dry sugar, goo, and corrosion and applied electric contact oil on everything, and has been working like NEW ever since.
    01-19-10 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD