Alright, i am absolutely not sure what is wrong with my phone but i will simply tell you what is happning and maybe somebody can help me out

Ive done some troubleshooting, and at first i thought it was something wrong with the operating system, so i did a complete wipe of the phone, and then loaded the most recent os for my blackberry pearl. It went fine and all but it keeps doing the same thing as before.

Whats happning is all i get is a pure black screen, with a red stale light for 5-8 seconds and then it turns off- and repeats after a couple seconds.
    But, sometimes i can get it to turn on and the battery will say full but in actual fact i know it is nearly dead because if i would take hte battery out and plug it back in it will say no battery- the battery symbol will be in the red on the screen.

Ive tried putting another battery in, from my brothers blackberry and it still does the same thing.

Its almost like its a power-supply problem, like hte blackberry sometimes cant get enough juice from the battery to run itself.
    When i get it to turn on, i do not have enough battery power to have radio status.

Any suggestons, please help mi lost!!

thanks
    James

sometimes when i take hte battery out, and plug it back in
    10-30-08 06:00 PM
    It sounds like you have a defective charger or charging circuit. If you haven't already, try another wall charger. You've ruled out a bad battery. That leaves a defective charging circuit in the phone. If it's more than 30 days but less than a year old, you can get it replaced with a refurbed phone, without filing an insurance claim. RIM warrants all BlackBerries for a year.
    10-30-08 10:20 PM
    If you don't want a refurb phone you can always just file an insurance claim since its a malfunction and not physical damage the claim some cost you nothing and it'll bypass the whole mess of dealing with customer service reps troubleshooting and whatnot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD