So i was at warped tour, and my blackberry battery died, when i got home to charge it it did nothing, so i took the battery out with it pluged in and the led on the phone lit up red for a minute or to, then i put the battery back in and still nothing, i hid the end call button, and the led lit up green and kept lit up and thats all, so i tired it again a couple of times and the light only turns on some of the times, but it shuts off as soon as i press a key, the screen wont come on, then this morning my alarm went off on the phone, but the screen didnt turn on, but every once and a while when i go to try and turn the phone on the screen will flash for a second and turn off, so i don't think the screen is broken.

EDIT: the phone is on i guess, i had someone call it and even though i cant see the screen i can use the phone, but if anyone knows what might be wrong with my phone it would be help
    Last edited by fiveeyedbandit; 07-16-09 at 07:35 AM. Reason: new information
    07-16-09 07:11 AM
    Double check your theroy that the screen isn't broke, because it sounds like a broken screen to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:09 AM
    i now think it may be the screen, im not sure how it would have broken or why it flashes every now and then, but i can take calls.
    07-16-09 08:16 AM
    My guess is while you were rocking out in the crowd, ur phone was getting hammered in ur pocket.
    07-16-09 10:20 AM
    Damn that sux! I had that happen to a different phone and its definately the screen : (~

07-16-09 08:07 PM
    I'm almost wondering if the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard, my phone is a refurbished phone, so the tape that holds down the connector may have came loose, I think that might explain why the screen will come on for a brief second and shut off. If not i may just end up putting a new screen in it myself.
    07-16-09 10:15 PM
    Weird. Screen for sure.

Hit the red button twice and type a friends name in your contacts that you surely know and call it.

Worth a test! Just to make sure.

Let us know your conclusion and what you did about it!

07-17-09 08:55 AM
    Well it turned out not to be the screen, I took the phone apart down to the mother board and one of the contacts on the inside was bent. On the blackberry pearl the motherboard has several different contacts at different points, some going to the side buttons, and a couple on the back side of the screen, The contact that was bent was right behind the screen, i'm not sure what the contact is for because the screen has a ribbon cable, but i re bent the contact pin back in place and put it together. Works perfect, my guess is that when the phone was refubrished for what ever before i bought it the pin was bent and never corrected.
    07-25-09 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD