How do you adjust the general volume on your phone besides, using the button on the side of the phone. The volume of my phone is really low, and I was wondering if there was a way to make it higher.
    11-17-07 05:42 PM
    Welcome Diva2988, try clicking on your telephone button, then hit the menu key, go to options> General options> default call volume then click on it and set to 100%. I hope this helps. Good luck
    11-17-07 09:07 PM
    i just tried that myself I am new to this too and cannot for the life of me hear the phone ring, that didnt work it just made it lower.

Dawn
    11-18-07 01:01 AM
    Anyone have issues w/ their speaker phone volume? I used it tonight for the first time and I can barely hear what was going on and I had the radio off. Yet, when I play music on the BB pearl it's very loud. Anyone?

Also as a side note, anyone have issues w/ the battery life? Mine dies in less than two days and I am a VERY VERY light data/voice user. Anyone? Anyone?

I wonder if I got a bad batch.
    11-19-07 10:24 PM
    On the home screen, click on the apps button when your on the picture of the speaker and then put it on loud. i had it on normal and had trouble hearing it as well.
    11-23-07 10:56 PM
    Anyone have issues w/ their speaker phone volume? I used it tonight for the first time and I can barely hear what was going on and I had the radio off. Yet, when I play music on the BB pearl it's very loud. Anyone?

Also as a side note, anyone have issues w/ the battery life? Mine dies in less than two days and I am a VERY VERY light data/voice user. Anyone? Anyone?

I wonder if I got a bad batch.
    i have had no problem with volume on my 8130 pearl

i go:
    profile -> advance options -> highlight the Loud option -> click the options menu -> edit -> phone -> set to the settings you want

hope that helps
    11-24-07 06:16 PM
    I had trouble hearing the pearl ring even with all settings set to high. Some of the ring tones are louder than others- there are about two of them with better volume.
    03-22-08 11:03 AM
    We are talking about two different kinds of volumes here i believe.

For the phone ringing try the blackberry BBPro ringtones, they are very loud. When adjusting the profile ring volume levels be sure to change the out of holster and in holster volumes as they are different.

For the ear-piece volume, you press "talk" then "menu" then scroll to "options" then "general options" then scroll to "default call volume". I have mine set to "previous" which as one would imagine, uses the last call volume setting for the next call.
    03-22-08 01:05 PM
    how do you put the volume up, for when you're playing music, without pressing the side buttons. Because my 'increase volume button' doesn't work anymore. Please and thankyou.
    03-23-09 09:33 AM
    @diva2988:

I had the same problem with my blackberry 8100, the button on the side stopped working for changing the volume!

@epiguards: Your solution (press green telephone button, then press menu button then select "options", then select "general options", then change "Default call volume" to 100%, etc) worked, thank you!! I appreciate it.
    11-23-10 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD