Just signed up with CrackBerry forums - looking good.

Ok, so I got this new replacement BlackBerry Pearl 8120 this morning and have transfered all my crap over to it. Enabled WiFi with my router and jumped on YouTube via BlackBerry Browser. It would then restart after 10 or so minutes of streaming. In the corner it said "UMA" so all calls would go through the broadband. With this enabled it would crash within a half a minute. I disabled "UMA" and it was slightly better but would crash in around 5-7 minutes.

I've tried plugging in the charger and making a call but it still restarts! Clearly something to do with the WiFi, maybe its using too much power and due to the battery being over a year old its not supplying enough?

I'm going to get a new battery tomorrow to see if that does anything.

Anyone have similar issues and managed to solve it?

Cheers.
    06-21-09 06:54 PM
    if you think its the battery, plug it into the wall and make a long call while its plugged in. If it still dies, it is not the battery
    06-21-09 07:00 PM
    Yep, I did that and it still restarted - this was with "UMA" turned off but with WiFi on which is strange. Could be a duff phone I guess? When I went to transfer my calendar over from BDM it crashed half way through and crashed the application on the computer with it. This could have been a sign of what was to come. Bollocks! Looks like a call to Orange to get yet another phone!

There is a slightly new firmware version out for my phone on this site: blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do (4.5.0.75). Currently running 4.5.0.52 stock Orange firmware.

How do I install it - first download BlackBerry Desktop Manager then download the Orange firmware package and plug it in? With my old Pearl I was offered a new firmware update on BDM and I lost most of the network presets due to it being unbranded.
    06-21-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD