I originally bought an 8130 an installed it with no problem. I was using Sprint BIS for email. I decided to uninstall and reinstall so I could try redirector. I decided that was not for me. I then removed and reinstalled the desktop again. The sync works fine but I now have two problems. The first is that when I sync it keeps changing the time zone on my device. The second is that I can not see all the programs to delete. Originally I could see al of the removable programs under application loader. This way if you dont use one of them you could clear memory(password keeper for example). Now I can only see the programs I added. Any suggestions?
    03-13-08 05:32 AM
    On your time zone problem your computer time zone is probably wrong, if that's not it try changing the setting inside the BB to use the network time. Options>Date&Time>Date/Time Source
    03-13-08 05:40 AM
    The time zone is correct and the Blackberry is set for network. It is fine until I sync. I appreciate the reply. If there is anything else you can think of post it. I have turned off sync time and date and the problem has stopped. The weird thing is it never did that before I uninstalled the Blackberry Desktop and reinstalled.

PS I am running Microsoft Vista.
    03-13-08 05:51 AM
    next time try the modify option. also download newest version and try installing after rebooting computer. also check registry for entries as can cause install problems
    03-13-08 06:33 AM
    My desktop manager is not seeing my device software either. Let me know if you manage to fix the problem please....
    03-13-08 02:12 PM
    I think this is the same problem but on my BB when I go to Options -> Advanced -> Applications, I only see the apps that I installed and not the whole list.

I think this started after upgrading to the newest OS (4.3.0.97) for me. If I go through the Application Loader and check all the items that are installed and sync the BB, then the entire list appears. However, after a soft reset, it's all gone again and I'm only left with third party apps.
    03-13-08 02:20 PM
    At least you can see something. My bb is totally nuked and I am trying to reload the OS but its not showing in the app loader.
    03-13-08 02:24 PM
    i was having the same issue w/ my DM app loader not recognizing the standard apps - it did recognize ones i had added myself (google maps, themes, etc.). i uninstalled the DM and reinstalled, then reinstalled the OS to my desktop. running 4.3.0.97. it started working again. hopefully it will stay that way!

make sure you have the latest DM and OS. and make sure you have the OS installed to your desktop as well as your device.

good luck
    03-15-08 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD