Can't seem to get this to work so maybe someone with more technical knowledge can help.

I'm in the process of converting some videos (my reel) to put on my 8130. I've read all the posts about conversion settings, etc., and my tests look pretty good while maintaining an acceptable (although not ideal) file size. Then I watch the Blackberry demo video on the phone and it looks fantastic while still being 2MB for a 30 second video! I can't transfer or send it though Bluetooth so I can't get a look at the encoding specs, anyone got an idea how I can do that?
    02-27-08 03:43 PM
    Do you have a media card? If so, just copy and paste to the media card.
    03-01-08 08:27 PM
    Do you have a media card? If so, just copy and paste to the media card.
    I guess I left that part out. I tried that first but its a hidden file so you can't transfer it to the card, send it to an email address, send it over bluetooth, etc. I even tried pulling it off in Desktop Manager but its hidden there too.
    03-01-08 08:34 PM
    Wait, maybe I am confused. Do you want to delete the demo video or move it somewhere else?
    03-01-08 08:36 PM
    Wait, maybe I am confused. Do you want to delete the demo video or move it somewhere else?
    I'd like to copy it to my computer so I can open it in a video program and check the encoding specs. Or if someone else can do it and post the specs here I'd appreciate it
    03-01-08 08:39 PM
    Well, you can't move it to your computer.

But these are the video specs:
    BlackBerry Search Results
    03-01-08 08:46 PM
    Well, you can't move it to your computer.

But these are the video specs:
    BlackBerry Search Results
    I think you're misunderstanding my purpose.
    That demo video is 30 seconds long and has a file size of 2MB. That is exceptionally small considering how great the video looks. I have done many, many tests (about 100) and even with a very high bitrate (which leads to files that are around 4MB for 30 seconds) they still don't look nearly as good as that demo video. My purpose is to open that demo video in Quicktime so I can look at the exact specifications it was encoded with so I will know how to get such great quality video in a small file size.

So, as I said above, I'd like to get that video on my computer
    03-01-08 08:55 PM
    again, what you want can't be done, sorry.

I provided your with the specs from Blackberry and here is a link of one of our mod, he post free video files and they have great quality. videos4blackberry.info

He also says what software he uses.
    03-01-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD