I'm not sure why. Normally my blackberry doesn't delete anything until I'm really really low on memory. I still had around 9MB when I checked after it deleted my SMS & Emails. The weird thing is that my call logs weren't deleted; my SMS messages were completely wiped except for 5 messages at the very top (odd, because they were sent prior to the phone getting wiped.. over an 30 minutes ago). In regards to my "Saved SMS" they still show up under options>status>memory. however, when going to my messages, they don't show up.. unless I click search. That's really odd to me.

If someone can help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm quite angry right now. Some of the emails were quite important, and it's a great disappointment to know what I've lost. This is probably the worst day I've had with my BlackBerry.
    05-18-09 07:34 PM
    9mb would be pretty low, and at a point where I would imagine it to start deleting things.

have you gone through and deleted applications that you do not use on the phone, such as things like password keeper, brick breaker, memo pad, help etc?

clearing up those types of applications will allow more space.

also, daily battery pulls to help any memory leaking that may have occurred.
    05-18-09 07:36 PM
    My phone does auto reboot (clears memory) every night at 3AM. And it's gotten low as 6 mb before without any problems--slow? yes. deleted? no.
    As far as 3rd party apps-- Opera Mini, Facebook, AIM, QuickLaunch.
    05-18-09 08:35 PM
    My BB usually gets to 0 bytes of memory before it deletes things and it's never deleted my e-mails. Just texts, call logs, and BB messages.
    05-19-09 02:27 AM
    Check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 05:41 PM
    have you gone through and deleted applications that you do not use on the phone, such as things like password keeper, brick breaker, memo pad, help etc?

How do you delete them? I see how to Hide, but not delete.
    05-19-09 05:46 PM
    I was going to post the same link as zero. If you need to, you can always go back to your email on a pc and change it to unread and it will be resent. Then you can mark the important ones as saved.

05-19-09 05:46 PM
    Aries - look at the link zero posted.

05-19-09 05:47 PM
    Looked, and deleted vnd
    05-19-09 06:08 PM
    Wtg!!!!!

05-19-09 06:22 PM
    Hm, the thing is: the email inbox which was cleared off was my sprint.blackberry.net email.. so there's no way to 'resend' the messages or anything. And another thing, since when does blackberry delete your emails with low memory? In the past, when I was ridiculously low--as in 1mb free--my text messages would be deleted as well as my call log. But I can't seem to explain how my texts were deleted, as well as my emails, BUT not my call logs? That's what puzzles me the most.
    05-19-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD