OK, I have been trying to get this to work, and I am hoping that someone may know this, or can tell me if there is a 3rd party software or something that I can use. It is strange that in the 21st century companies are still using Fax machines, and I have the need to fax something to someone. I do not have a home phone, I use my 8130 for everything. Is there a way to use it, tethered or not, to a PC, so that I can send a fax using it as the modem? I notice that the phone display's modem mode enabled, can I force this to happen from keypads, or something I can add to the fax # to make this happen before it dials the fax #?
    04-09-08 04:17 PM
    if its just one thing go to a library. other wise there are alot fo third party companies that allow you to e-mail them something and then they fax it, haven't really found a way of doing it from the phone straight to fax though.
    04-09-08 04:19 PM
    When I had Nextel/sprint as a provider, there was an app they offered called mail to fax I believe. With this app I could send a fax and receive faxes to my blackberry through email. That is the only thing I miss since I switched to Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 04:25 PM
    Sorry here is a correction. The app is called fax2mail. PGi - Desktop Fax Service | Email Fax Service | Internet Faxing

04-09-08 04:40 PM
    I'm looking for something similar... Since my apple laptop has a built in faxing software. I wanted to use my phone as the modem since i'm already tethering it to get online. Anyone know how? i'm with Tmobile on a BB Curve
    10-19-08 07:13 PM
    same thing, anybody got any bright ideas?

i have a standard fax machine and a blackberry, but no home phone.

can i fax directly to another fax machine? (not involving any efax or fax2email)
    10-29-08 02:30 PM
    Bump for this. I'm still looking as well. I don't feel like paying $35 dollars a month to the local phone company to fax if I can fax using my phone as a modem. I only need outgoing faxes.
    10-29-08 02:34 PM
    Same here. Windows has a fax program as part of the XP system. There has to be a way to use the tethered USB port to send a fax from the laptop
    02-08-09 04:03 PM
    If you are already tethering, then all you need to do is configure your fax software to use the BB as a modem and send a fax.

02-08-09 09:23 PM
    Found 2 interesting solutions:

Faxaway's Internet Fax Service.
    1 time $10 credit card charge, $1 monthly fee, .11� per page US

Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango
    Part of eOffice, available for $19.95, with no fees after that
    02-08-09 10:02 PM
    This USED to be quite easy and was a reason I cancelled my landline many years ago.. I get really pissed off when with all these tech "improvements' we constantly lose features that were once common place..WHY PAY FOR A LANDLINE JUST TO SEND/REC FAXES..Pretty stupid !!
    09-09-09 12:00 PM
    Try sending the fax as an email to an address such as [fax:1-555-123-4567] with subject listed as "ATTN: John Doe"

Using my Outlook account at work, we can send faxes that way. I've never tried it from my phone however.
    09-09-09 12:12 PM
    Try faxzero.com. You can send a fax for free. There are limits on the number of pages and such. I tried it once to test it out and it worked fine.

If you want to receive faxes and you get a lot of them, check out packetel.com. I use that. Its $4/month. For unlimited incoming faxes. ****, I use it as a document scanner. Never had a problem with those guys. I think you can also buy credit for sending faxes - per page cost, no monthly fee. Haven't tried that yet because I just send faxes from a fax machine at work.
    My incoming faxes can be viewed on my BB and they get archived in my email.

09-10-09 04:41 AM
    If you have already tethered you BB to the computer and are able to get online than you known it is working. just set your computers fax program to uses the BB as its modem.

09-11-09 02:10 PM
    For non blackberry users, there is a application to receive and send faxes directly from android phones - popcompanion mobile. I have tried it and for me it seems to be good. It's developed by Popfax.com. Maybe, it will appear an app like this, from Popfax, for blackberry too.
    05-27-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD