Is there anywhere to get the trackball to change colors? I used to have a Sidekick 3 that changed colors and i would like to have the same feature for my blackberry... I see the app on my app world that you have to pay like almost 8 to 10 $ for any free ones out there??!?!?
    04-14-09 07:14 PM
    I believe that app is only for the 8100 Pearl
    04-14-09 07:21 PM
    So there is no other app or anything for the 8120?!?! i really would like it.. lol i am trying to get everything i can so i don't need to upgrade before my time is up i am up for my upgrade next march.... i was considering getting a brand new blackberry because i couldn't get some apps to work until i downloaded the app world!!
    04-14-09 07:27 PM
    the other pearls besides the 8100 do not have the led lights that the other one has but if u want it a diff color u take off the ring and out the trackball cut up a lil square of plastic from a paper cd case or something along the lines of that has to be thin color it with a sharpie let it dry folder it color it again let it try then stick it in over the led right under the trackball put the trackball back in and snap the ring back in place and there u go

i have done it and also did it for the keypad

04-14-09 07:59 PM
    There is an app called ColorPearl that is available for the 8120. Here is the link...

ColorPearl (Blackberry) - Download
    04-14-09 08:20 PM
    There is an app called ColorPearl that is available for the 8120. Here is the link...

ColorPearl (Blackberry) - Download
    thats funny that it says that cuz here is a note from the maker of the colorpearl

Note: The ONLY BlackBerry that this will work on is the Pearl/8100! It is the only device with the colored LEDs behind the trackball. There will not be a version for the 8800, Curve/8300, Pearl 2/8120/8130. Blame RIM, not me!

To change your trackball color on OS 4.5+, check out BlingBall Announcing BlingBall 0.9 beta 2 (8100 ONLY) - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community I may at some point write ColorPearl for 4.5, but with BlingBall available it doesn’t seem necessary.
    04-14-09 08:24 PM
    The famous Color changing LED is HARDWARE related not software. ONLY the 8100 has this, no other blackberry, not the 8130 8230 or any other model! No amount of software can change your hardware!

*sigh* I've been on this site 2 months and I'm already tired of seeing this question... I wonder how you long term members feel!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:30 PM
    The famous Color changing LED is HARDWARE related not software. ONLY the 8100 has this, no other blackberry, not the 8130 8230 or any other model! No amount of software can change your hardware!

*sigh* I've been on this site 2 months and I'm already tired of seeing this question... I wonder how you long term members feel!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol some people like to go off what they read like on the site above that mwdb4au posted

site says

Compatible devices:

* BlackBerry 8100 Pearl
    * BlackBerry 8110 Pearl

* BlackBerry 8120 Pearl
    * BlackBerry Bold 9000

* BlackBerry Curve 8320
    * BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220

nothin like a load of bs u always should go to the makers site not a 3party hosting crap
    04-14-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD