hey guys,

so after searching the wonderful world wide web for hours, i have yet to find a solution to my problem. to be honest, i don't even really know how to describe my problem completely...

basically what is happening every so often is that messages i am getting from a contact of mine do not appear in the current conversation we have going. everything will be going fine then all of a sudden i'll get the usual noise message of an incoming message, ill click on my conversation and there won't be anything there. i end up having to close the current conversation, which brings me back to the bbm menu and sitting there is a new conversation window from that same contact.

as you can imagine this gets quite annoying. other details about this includes that the contact is busy and in italics with the clock in their status symbol.

any help would be appreciated as this is super frustrating. baahhhhh
    10-20-08 10:43 PM
    Hook your phone up to your computer and remove the bbmessenger app using desktop manager.

Then unhook the phone from the computer.
    Pull the battery for 10 seconds and then reinsert it and let the phone reboot.

then hook the berry up to your computer again and reload the BBMessenger using desktop manager.

Dm
    10-21-08 10:59 AM
    that would work well, aside from the fact i have a mac and the desktop software (aside from pocketmacpro) doesn't do anything you mentioned.
    10-21-08 09:19 PM
    that would work well, aside from the fact i have a mac and the desktop software (aside from pocketmacpro) doesn't do anything you mentioned.
    it will work if you click the advanced tab under backup/restore. or, you can click application loader, and remove all aplication data, then select automatically backup data. this will backup your personal info, the remove everything, reload it, then put your personal info back on your device.

if you have any other questions on how to do this just post them, ill check back.
    10-21-08 09:52 PM
    where is the advanced tab under backup restore.

i am dealing with a mac, not sure if you read that part. pocketmac is different than the standard desktop management software for windows. i do have xp installed on my mac but i would prefer not to have to resort to this measure surely there is a mac way of solving this issue.

very frustrating.
    10-22-08 03:46 PM
    hmm...i am only familiar with desktop manager, but, do you have an option that says "application loader"? if so, click it. a window will open up displaying a list of you applications. you can select which apps to add/remove from there.
    10-22-08 05:10 PM
    also, on my pearl you can delete seperate apps by going to options>advanced options>applications. then you can select the app from the list and delete it that way.
    10-22-08 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD