Does anyone know of a torrent download app for the blackberry pearl? I would love to have this one. That way I could do my thing while anywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 08:30 AM
    No, it doesn't exist and I'm not sure it could. Where you gonna store all them files??
    07-12-08 08:34 AM
    What about this. Is there a way that we can search the net for torrents and upon downloading them have them download on our PCs at home.
    07-12-08 08:48 AM
    You guys are creative thinkers--I like that! But if there's a way I know nothing of it.

With that being said, I'm certainly not the end all of knowledge on this site, maybe someone else knows of a way.
    07-12-08 08:53 AM
    What about this. Is there a way that we can search the net for torrents and upon downloading them have them download on our PCs at home.
    You can browse any site that's compatible for the small screen of your Pearl. I dont recall ever seeing a wap enable torrent site. And even if there was, downloading to your phone would kill whatever available memory the phone has. You'd essentially need a program called Aerize that allows you to download to the memory card and it even touts itself as being able to run apps from the card.

Thats all the knowledge I have on the subject. If you find out another way, please post back and let us know what you find out.
    07-12-08 09:54 AM
    Thanks. If I figure UT out I will post.

07-12-08 11:32 AM
    Please do!

07-12-08 05:17 PM
    If you are extremely innovative I am sure you could do something along the lines of emailing an email adress with the attached file. You make the email have a certain subject. Then an app or script on your PC opens the attachment, opens with your torrent app and DLs... So it is basically really complex and impractical!!

I know this is posibble on mac bc I have read about something similar before!

Why do you need torrents 24/7 anyhow? Just manage them better... DL all the .torrent files you need and use your torrent app to manage a torrent schedule. You should not need to use your berry

07-12-08 05:26 PM
    Its enough to do it from a computer; I cant begin to imagine even wanting to do it from a phone.
    07-12-08 06:10 PM
    Try this:

Purchase RDM+ (remote desktop).

Log onto your computer from your blackberry and download torrents or do anything you want really.

Awesome app, really recommend it.
    07-12-08 09:52 PM
    I just thougt that it would he a cool thing to do especially if it would DL to the media card. I know that trying to DL a large file is stupid but some songs perhaps?

07-12-08 10:51 PM
    Try this:

Purchase RDM+ (remote desktop).

Log onto your computer from your blackberry and download torrents or do anything you want really.

Awesome app, really recommend it.
    I was thinking the same thing. Thats about the only way I can think of to start the download via the phone.
    07-12-08 10:56 PM
    I am able to save the link to the torrent on the media card. So if I am browsing on my BB and want to have direct access to the torrent link, then I can just grab it off my BB and then DL it from my PC.

07-12-08 11:03 PM
    ^ How when the only thing that can be saved to the card is media?
    07-12-08 11:04 PM
    I went to pirate bay and just chose a file. I clicked download torrent and it says it can't open and asks where I would like to save it. I chose media card and then the music file and it saved. Then I opened an email added attatchment and sent it to myself went to my PC and opened email and there it was.

07-12-08 11:13 PM
    Now I can send file links to all my freinds that may want the same file and not have to go use my PC.
    Now is that important? Nope just wanted to see if it worked. Now what can I do with my pearl?

07-12-08 11:19 PM
    go to torrentrelay i use it on my ps3 and BB storm
    02-04-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD