Fellow CB geeks,
    i have only three email accounts on my BB Peal 8130 (blackberry, yahoo, gmail). I set up all three acounts using BIS. I noticed that my gmail and BB email icons are identical and my yahoo icon has the Y! symbol on it which helps me quickly identify that account.

Is there anyway to change my gmail and/or BB email account icons to represent their respective addresses?

Thank you!
    06-01-08 02:56 AM
    I have been trying to figure this out as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 03:02 AM
    Why not load the GMail Application for your BB? It has a different icon.

Instead of your email being pushed through the BIS server, you are accessing your GMail account directly.
    06-01-08 06:14 AM
    I have 2 gmail accounts and 1 I setup through BIS and the other I used the gmail app for. The account that I use through the gmail app has the gmail icon and works great. If you need the icon maybe you should check out this option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 06:37 AM
    yep. load the app.welcome to cb!
    06-01-08 06:41 AM
    i didn't really think about using the app cause i liked having instant push mail...but i'll test out the gmail app...does it have a "push" like setup?

thanks for your help all!
    06-01-08 01:32 PM
    okay...i've downloaded the app and sent myself some email from my BB account. It doesn't seem to look as if the gmail app is as instant in terms of message delivery as the BIS version of gmail....

Am i missing something?

Thank you all for your help in fixing such a comsetic issue
    06-01-08 03:28 PM
    The Gmail app isn't push, it's IMAP.
    just search gmail moble app on google and it's the 1st result (I can't post the link since I haven't made 10 posts)

The BIS email icon is default for whatever address you use, I didn't realise it could be set to the provider (google, yahoo etc)
    06-01-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD