whats the best way to listen to music in your car beside bluetooth,?

my car has a line IN but its in 2 color cables i forgot their name well is there an adapter that can hook up to does to cables and give me a line in connection that the bb comes with?

i hope you guys understand me.
    03-08-08 11:52 PM
    Do you have a regular aux jack on your car stereo? If so you can run a 3.5 mm wire to your BB. I hate the Bluetooth. it sounds like crap.

When you say 2 color cables, do you mean RCA jack?
    03-09-08 12:00 AM
    Yes there is. Radio shack would probably be your best bet. You're looking for a 3.5 mm to RCA. At least I think the BB end is a 3.5. You should take it in just to make sure. It oughta run about 6 bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 12:00 AM
    Do you have a regular aux jack on your car stereo? If so you can run a 3.5 mm wire to your BB. I hate the Bluetooth. it sounds like crap.

When you say 2 color cables, do you mean RCA jack?

yes i have does cables the rca jack line in. is there like an adapter/converter?
    03-09-08 12:15 AM
    Yes there is. Radio shack would probably be your best bet. You're looking for a 3.5 mm to RCA. At least I think the BB end is a 3.5. You should take it in just to make sure. It oughta run about 6 bucks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ill check them out tomorrow.....thanks
    03-09-08 12:16 AM
    does it sound better like that than in bluetooth?
    03-09-08 12:17 AM
    yes i have does cables the rca jack line in. is there like an adapter/converter?

What you said does not make sense. Do you have a regular aux jack or a do you have RCA only?
    03-09-08 12:18 AM
    What you said does not make sense. Do you have a regular aux jack or a do you have RCA only?
    i have the rca as line in
    03-09-08 12:19 AM
    Than get the adpater that Jhonea said at Radioshack. It will sound much, much better than bluetooth.
    03-09-08 12:22 AM
    Than get the adpater that Jhonea said at Radioshack. It will sound much, much better than bluetooth.
    thanks for the help guys i will sure look for that cable at radioshack
    03-09-08 12:25 AM
    thanks for the help guys i will sure look for that cable at radioshack
    Your welcome and good luck!
    03-09-08 12:27 AM
    Your welcome and good luck!
    wow look this was at their website

03-09-08 12:32 AM
    That should be what you need. Let us know how it works out.
    03-09-08 12:34 AM
    That should be what you need. Let us know how it works out.

yes thats it, you know what i was also noticing that my car radio has like a connector for an external cd changer and well i see that they also sell the cables for that connector to 3.5mm headphone jack, my question is would it sound better through the cd changer connector or the RCA Line cables?
    maybe with the cd changer connector i can get CD quality sound???

03-09-08 12:40 AM
    I'm not familiar with the CD changer connector but it should sound great either way since you are connecting with wires. I have to use the 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter and then connect to my car stereo aux jack on my 8820 and it sounds great! Much better than when I tried bluetooth.
    03-09-08 12:53 AM
    In my Honda I have a good stereo (subs, amps, etc) and the aftermarket head unit has RCA's on the back. I got a Monster cable, hooked the Berry (or MP3 player) to it and the sound quality is great.

In my Jeep I have a factory deck that has CD changer controls on the back. In order to plug a Monster cable into that, I had to get some kind of iPod converter thing (sorry, I don't remember what it was called exactly, it was some kind of inverter and it was expensive) but after a few hours of fiddling, it works as well. I can't say which way has better sound quality as the Honda obviously has a better stereo, but for ease of installation and price, the Honda was WAY simpler. Good luck!
    03-09-08 09:22 AM
    In my Honda I have a good stereo (subs, amps, etc) and the aftermarket head unit has RCA's on the back. I got a Monster cable, hooked the Berry (or MP3 player) to it and the sound quality is great.

In my Jeep I have a factory deck that has CD changer controls on the back. In order to plug a Monster cable into that, I had to get some kind of iPod converter thing (sorry, I don't remember what it was called exactly, it was some kind of inverter and it was expensive) but after a few hours of fiddling, it works as well. I can't say which way has better sound quality as the Honda obviously has a better stereo, but for ease of installation and price, the Honda was WAY simpler. Good luck!
    i can get the cd changer cable like the one you see that i posted, fleabay has it for like $12, but i was trying to find out could it sound better from the cd changer connection?
    Last edited by photoguy30523; 03-09-08 at 10:12 AM.
    03-09-08 10:03 AM
    I would think it would sound the same since the CD changer would go through the head unit. You could always try it and see.

What I was trying to say in my long and rambling post was that it may not even WORK through the CD changer with just a cable. But it can't hurt to try it!
    Last edited by simons91; 03-09-08 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added second paragraph
    03-09-08 11:42 AM
    So I got me the cable that convert the rca to 3.5 mm and connected the BB to it and was able to listen to music, phone calls and even the sprint radio on my car speakers and I have to say I am impress with the sound quality this little phone has every thing including the sprint radio sound it great crystal clear and with bass too lol, over all it has great CD sound quality.
    03-15-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD