Can anyone suggest the best settings for using the Plantronics 520 with the 8130 Pearl. Such as Echo Control..Automatic, ON or Off?? Encryption.. Enabled or not(what is that anyway??)

Thanks!!!
    Laurie
    04-12-08 05:13 PM
    Where are you seeing those settings?
    04-12-08 06:55 PM
    In the device settings in the bluetooth settings icon. I click on Plantronics 520 and then device settings.
    04-12-08 07:12 PM
    i have it set to enabled for encryption and auto for echo control. Haven't had any problems with the 520 so far.
    04-12-08 09:02 PM
    Thanks thats what mine is set to also. I am only on day two of having mine but really like it so far.
    04-13-08 09:08 AM
    Do you get static? I have the 510, but couldn't stand the static. So i just bought the 520, and the static is almost worse! I can't go more than two feet from my phone before conversation becomes unbearable.
    I am SO frustrated with the static....I never had this problem on non-BB phones...
    04-13-08 01:13 PM
    Do you get static? I have the 510, but couldn't stand the static. So i just bought the 520, and the static is almost worse! I can't go more than two feet from my phone before conversation becomes unbearable.
    I am SO frustrated with the static....I never had this problem on non-BB phones...
    No I don't have any static with mine, I believe I read something about another user having a static problem and they turned the encryption either off or on(can't remember) Maybe if you did a search you might be able to find the thread.
    04-13-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD