What are the acronyms BIS BES?

I have a card in my phone and I know this is going to seem like a stupid question, but when I save the picture, there is a folder icon. f I save it to that folder am I saving the picture to the card or the phone memory?

When I go to the Blackberry desktop, why can't I just move the pictures directly to a folder in my computer? Why do I have to take the card out of the phone and put THAT in the laptop?

Very confusing.

and the last question, if the BB pearl 8130 can do soooooo many things, why is the manual that comes with it complete crap? I'm pretty much going to have to bombard the forums with question after question......

Anyway, if anyone can help me out. I'm liking it so far though......
    01-25-08 01:21 PM
    What are the acronyms BIS BES?

I have a card in my phone and I know this is going to seem like a stupid question, but when I save the picture, there is a folder icon. f I save it to that folder am I saving the picture to the card or the phone memory?

When I go to the Blackberry desktop, why can't I just move the pictures directly to a folder in my computer? Why do I have to take the card out of the phone and put THAT in the laptop? You don't have to use desktop manager for that, I only use it for backing up and syncing with outlook stuff. When you plug in your phone to your computer select enable mass storage from your phone, it will pop up. then your BB will turn into a drive under my computer. Then you can drag and drop stuff using that. make sure you formatted your card in your BB, so it creates folders to use, ex music, pictures, ringtones, or you can create your own as well.

Very confusing.

and the last question, if the BB pearl 8130 can do soooooo many things, why is the manual that comes with it complete crap? I'm pretty much going to have to bombard the forums with question after question......

Anyway, if anyone can help me out. I'm liking it so far though......

1. BIS Blackberry Internet Service. Personal.
    BES BlackBerry Enterprise Service. Mostly Work related with companies.

2. Using camera yes it will save to the card, under option, check to see where it's saving... Any of the pictures you want to save it should ask you where you want to save it. Use the card more since it will hold more and not kill the memory on the phone.

3. I never read the manual to mine�. No reason to, you can�t break the phone, just click around and see what happens. And the forums is here so no worries alsoJ

Hope this helps�.

01-25-08 02:19 PM
    yester18 answered this, I just wanted to go step by step.
    There is a setting that allows you to get to the media card as a folder. It is called mass storage.
    From your main menu run Options
    Media Card
    scroll down to "mass storage support mode"
    turn this on, exit, save

Now when you plug your BB into your computer it shows up like a flash drive.
    01-25-08 04:17 PM
    You can download the PDF manual from the BB site. It is huge but very comprehensive.
    04-16-08 12:30 PM
    04-16-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD