I have the 8130 new March 25th from Verizon. This site is wonderful for setting up a BB and I did the OS upgrade to v. 4.3.0.97 from Verizon. I have backed up all my data via DM backup. I backup the phone every other week.

My question is this: I bought the BerryBuddy from here and had no problem gently sliding my Pearl into the USB and it always connected. Now, it won't connect, like it is shorted. Flick it with your finger and it connects and will disconnect if you flick it again. It is getting real touchy. I tried the original cable that came with the phone and it acts the same way. Does this BerryBuddy screw the USB port on the Pearl? Verizon asked if I used 3rd party cables or the orignal USB cable. I kept a straight face and lied. If this BerryBuddy is pouching Pearl's, then I hope someone will post.

I also have the BB charge stand, so charging is done via the back contacts and not the USB. I called Verizon and they are FedExing a phone to me overnight for replacement.

What are the odds this new phone will have an up to date OS?

If not, do I need to download the new OS again or will it be seen by the DM since I have downloaded it and installed it?

Will restoring my data replace everything? (except 3rd party apps of course)
    Is the fact that everything is under my PIN for backups cause a problem for my new phone?

Is this going to be a pain in the **** getting Verizon to activate it over the phone?

Will all my friends have to have my new PIN for Messenger?

Thanks....
    06-11-08 02:43 PM
    I have the 8130 new March 25th from Verizon. This site is wonderful for setting up a BB and I did the OS upgrade to v. 4.3.0.97 from Verizon. I have backed up all my data via DM backup. I backup the phone every other week.

My question is this: I bought the BerryBuddy from here and had no problem gently sliding my Pearl into the USB and it always connected. Now, it won't connect, like it is shorted. Flick it with your finger and it connects and will disconnect if you flick it again. It is getting real touchy. I tried the original cable that came with the phone and it acts the same way. Does this BerryBuddy screw the USB port on the Pearl? Verizon asked if I used 3rd party cables or the orignal USB cable. I kept a straight face and lied. If this BerryBuddy is pouching Pearl's, then I hope someone will post.

I also have the BB charge stand, so charging is done via the back contacts and not the USB. I called Verizon and they are FedExing a phone to me overnight for replacement.

What are the odds this new phone will have an up to date OS?Zero, the new phone came with the latest OS

If not, do I need to download the new OS again or will it be seen by the DM since I have downloaded it and installed it? N/A

Will restoring my data replace everything? (except 3rd party apps of course)
    Is the fact that everything is under my PIN for backups cause a problem for my new phone?The RESTORE worked perfectly although I had to re-register my email accounts @ blackberry

Is this going to be a pain in the **** getting Verizon to activate it over the phone?No, in fact it took less than 30 seconds

Will all my friends have to have my new PIN for Messenger?Yes

Thanks....
    There, I answered my own post and I don't thinkl the Berry Buddy had anything to do with it.
    06-18-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD