has anyone been experiencing some minor call quality issues? for some reason, my pearl's ear piece sounds distorted while taking a call and volume is all the way up to the max. it sounds perfect if it's one level down from max. but once it hits max volume, it sounds a little distorted. for example, when it rings (when i dial a number/make a call) the ring has a small distorted echo like sound. any similar issues or should i just replace my pearl?
    11-22-07 09:23 AM
    I just got mine yesterday and I have the volume cranked all the way up and I hear very clear sound...no distortion whatsoever.
    11-22-07 11:54 AM
    sweet deal, i'll probably just go into the store and replace it
    11-22-07 01:38 PM
    My call quality is actually really good as well. I had a Razr v3m and my 8130 has better audio quality overall. This includes the speaker phone. So far, so great.
    11-22-07 08:08 PM
    Call quality for me has been the best ever. Better than my Razr 3m, PPC 6700, Moto 710, 815 and Samsung A990.
    11-23-07 08:34 PM
    I have been playing around with mine over the past couple days and I was very impressed with the sound quality of the bulit-in speaker...even playing music; you could actually enjoy it. I haven't used the speaker phone yet for an actual call, but I suspect it will be just fine.
    11-24-07 12:39 AM
    has anyone been experiencing some minor call quality issues? for some reason, my pearl's ear piece sounds distorted while taking a call and volume is all the way up to the max. it sounds perfect if it's one level down from max. but once it hits max volume, it sounds a little distorted. for example, when it rings (when i dial a number/make a call) the ring has a small distorted echo like sound. any similar issues or should i just replace my pearl?
    I am currently having the same problem with my new Pearl 8110....

Have been trying to figure out how to change some settings but not having much luck...
    03-06-08 11:12 PM
    I don't have any problems with the sound quality on my Pearl. Sorry.
    03-07-08 01:29 AM
    Maybe try the audio boost feature in the media menu?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-08 08:10 AM
    yeah, mine's fine too.
    03-07-08 08:12 AM
    Brand new user and loving it! I use the speakerphone quite a bit and wish it were just a little louder.

03-07-08 08:25 AM
    Brand new user and loving it! I use the speakerphone quite a bit and wish it were just a little louder.

Welcome, and enjoy your new Pearl! While I have the 8100 also, I really like my 8130
    03-07-08 08:37 AM
    Never a problem here.
    03-07-08 08:46 AM
    Mine is ok. No problem there.
    03-07-08 08:54 AM
    I found out how to change the voice settings (Bass boost, normal, and trebble boost)

I don't really hear a difference between them however..

I figured I would set it on the trebble boost and try that for a while...

But it's quite noticeable. Even my wife said something doesn't sound right with it...
    03-07-08 10:05 AM
    I found out how to change the voice settings (Bass boost, normal, and trebble boost)

I don't really hear a difference between them however..

I figured I would set it on the trebble boost and try that for a while...

But it's quite noticeable. Even my wife said something doesn't sound right with it...
    how do you change these settings?
    03-07-08 12:53 PM
    The sound quality on my pearl has been fantastic, sometimes I get a little static but I don't think that has anything to do with the phone speaker itself.
    03-07-08 01:01 PM
    how do you change these settings?
    Hit the call button (green phone left side)>options button>options>General Options>Enhanced Call Audio.

Or when you are actually in a call, you can also hit the options button and select the enhanced voice option in the menu.

Cheers,

Jay
    03-07-08 01:02 PM
    No problem. And outgoing sound is crisp. People are always asking me what is going on around me because they hear it ALL.
    03-07-08 01:04 PM
    oops, im in the 8110 forum, I have an 8100.. no wonder I couldnt find those options
    03-07-08 01:08 PM
    Well I went into a rogers store today. I got the employee to call me on it and he even agreed that it sounded a bit off/distorted.

We switched SIM cards and made a couple calls with the new one... Seemed to sound about the same.

He said that if there really is a problem they might come out with a software update to help it...

I ended up just keeping my original 8110... But he did say that if it's still bothering me that they are more than happy to exchange it for another one....

Not sure what to do....
    03-08-08 06:31 PM
    Mine works fine. Speakphone at max volume can crackle a bit...but I have heard no complaints from any callers...nor do I have a problem hearing anyone. Perhaps it's your device....I would try another if you can...
    03-08-08 07:17 PM
    My 8130 is now distorting at any volume level. My other one never did.
    04-16-08 11:27 AM
    Hi,
    My 8120 seems too load at times and I have to lower the volume and the voice does sound a bit distorted.Even though its under warranty, 2 weeks old the phone would be sent off to the service centre to be checked out, or the 2nd option is to take a refurbished handset, I don't think so
    tantra.
    04-16-08 12:59 PM
    I have no problemo here.

My speaker is crystal clear too!

04-16-08 01:05 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD