Can anyone tell me what all the Profiles mean? I know the Normal one makes it ring and Vibrate, but what do the other ones do? When I place it on loud, quiet, and phone it doesn't do anything. Another question I have is how do I turn off WI-FI? I have a data plan and don't need to use it. Also when I downloaded the software for the BB on my computer it says error everytime I hook up my BB. Has this happened to anyone? Can someone please help!
    06-23-08 09:20 PM
    profiled make it easy to change how your phone reactsto calls/sms/mms/email with out having to go through all the settings each time

i thought the 8130 dint have wifi? (i coudl be wrong)

no sure on the last question . uninstall and reinstall maybe?
    06-24-08 08:25 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!

The Profiles on your Berry are pre-loaded settings for ringers, notifications, etc on your Berry. This is just like changing a "normal" cell phone from Vibrate to Loud. You can customize the pre-loaded profiles or you can create your own by going to Profiles > Advanced

Quiet puts your phone in silent mode. Phone only silents everything except for the phone.

Also, the 8130 does not have WiFi... so you do not need to worry about that.

*EDIT* : The profiles are also handy because you can set what action you want your Berry to take when it is in "Holster Mode". The BB has a built-in sensor and the OEM pouch that came with your phone has a sleeper magnet. This auto-sleeps your berry when placed into the pouch... this also changes profile behaviors for being "In Holster". You can edit these by going to Profiles > Advanced

As for the issue with your computer and Desktop Manager... what version of DM are you using?
    Last edited by bmcclure937; 06-24-08 at 08:41 AM.
    06-24-08 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD