I have the BB 8130 Pearl. I cannot get any apps to load using the application loader. When I look in the "About Blackberry Desktop Manager" there is nothing listed in the Device Software tab, it is blank. Where can I get the device software from? I have searched and searched every website I can think of, but I can't seem to find a download for the program. Please help. Oh, by the way, I am in Canada on the Sasktel network so Verizon won't work, thanks!
    02-17-08 12:52 AM
    02-17-08 12:56 AM
    Do I download the Desktop Software? As in Desktop Software 4.3? I thought that was installed from the cd that came with the phone? Or should I be downloading the 8130 Wireless Handheld file?
    02-17-08 01:14 AM
    You need to have both the desktop software installed as well as the device/handheld OS software.
    02-17-08 01:21 AM
    i still dont understand how i get the 8130 handheld file... i go to that and click on the vverizon wireless link and it just has me download the software that came on the cd and it still doesnt work....
    02-18-08 09:10 PM
    There should be TWO programs on the Verizon web site that you can download. One will be the Desktop Manager program. The other will be the device handheld software. Both are required to be installed for you to load apps to your BB via the Desktop Manager.
    02-18-08 09:18 PM
    i still dont understand how i get the 8130 handheld file... i go to that and click on the vverizon wireless link and it just has me download the software that came on the cd and it still doesnt work....
    Go here: BlackBerry® Software Updates select the 8130 from the dropdown list, then choose "BlackBerry Device Software v4.3 (updated 11-13-2007)" download & install that file to you PC in addition to Desktop Manager which came on your CD.
    02-18-08 09:32 PM
    ehhhhhhhh kind of feel stupid now i though that was two versions of the same thing, maybe i should learn how to read. thank you for your help!
    02-19-08 10:30 AM
    You're welcome. Yes, it def can be confusing at a glance since both Desktop Manger & Device OS software happen to be 4.3
    02-19-08 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD