Hey guys, Blackberry Pearl 8120 the down volume key is not adjusting volume in calls nor in the media player.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

What could be the cause?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    09-12-08 08:17 PM
    Try taking the battery out for about 30 seconds. How long have you had it? Could still be covered under one year warranty
    09-12-08 08:21 PM
    Hi pltaylor thanks for the reply.
    I will try that I just bought the phone but I am not in the US so that would mean I would have to ship the phone to the US to claim warranty.
    That is inconvenient to me.
    I bought the phone from an individual on a forum similar to this one. He advertised the phone as new when I met with him the phone was clearly used but seemed to be in excellent condition. So he reduced the price a bit and I still took it.

I discovered later that the down volume key is not working and all efforts to contact him have been futile.
    09-13-08 10:11 AM
    Hey guys, Blackberry Pearl 8120 the down volume key is not adjusting volume in calls nor in the media player.

What could be the cause?

I am having this same issue. I can only turn the volume up and this is a new phone. Since I have waited more than 30 day's to report this to T-Mobile, they are trying to make me pay 9.99 to return the phone and get a warranty replacement.
    I have tried to update the phone software to 4.5.
    I have tried to perform a hard reset by removing the battery
    I have tried to do a phone wipe

none have worked.

between the bberry filp and this 8120, I have had to return phones 5 times. I"ll never get another bberry again. Too much of a pain in the behind when they don't work right.
    03-01-10 08:40 PM

What could be the cause?

As the 8120 is used you might be better trying replacing the side button contacts and see if that works. Try these
    BlackBerry Pearl 8110/8120/8130 OEM side button contacts - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular. I've bought darks chrome side rails and a black trackball from them, they are dearer than getting some spares from ebay but they seem to be better quality (especially the trackballs).

Roland
    03-02-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD