My issue is that my phone presently does not have BB messenger. When I do try to add the software from Blackberry Download, it states it's for only earlier versions. I have scoured blogs etc, with no avail. Again looking to install BB messenger for 8130 version 4.3

Pearl 8130
    Version 4.3
    07-23-08 09:21 AM
    Did you purchase this phone brand new from an authorized Telus Mobility store?
    07-23-08 09:22 AM
    I purchased it used privately.
    07-23-08 09:23 AM
    Ugh. Ok, well that kills the option to take it back to the retailer...

Have you tried wiping the device and reloading a newer OS? The party who owned the device before may not have used the messenger, and may have deleted it...
    07-23-08 09:25 AM
    No I have not, so you suggest I download a newer OS with my desk top manager, then load it into my Pearl?
    07-23-08 09:31 AM
    Yes I do, but only if you are absolutely 100% comfourtable with doing so. Please do some research on the different OS's available for your phone, and the best way to load them on to your device. The 4.5 OS is most likely still in the beta stage for your particular device on Telus. I do not recommend this due to the fact that they beta versions still have bugs and, unless you are very experienced, this can cause serious issues....
    07-23-08 09:33 AM
    Experience is an issue. So If I re-load the OS 4.3 that may prevent further issues? If that is correct, where can I get the link to the 4.3 version? Blackerry home site I imagine? BTW was in Scotsdale last April, a beautiful city!
    07-23-08 09:45 AM
    Scottsdale is definitely awesome. So much to do and see - if you can stand the heat!

Yes Blackberry's site should have all the info you need on reloading your OS. Like Crucial said - backup before you attempt this!!
    07-23-08 09:47 AM
    Look at the big brain on you! Thanks for all the advice I will attempt this later this eve. Cant wait to start using the messenger, sadly only have 1 friend to message with!!lol
    07-23-08 09:52 AM
    Lol..... That just made me think of Pulp Fiction... "Check out the big brain on Brad!!"

Err. anyways.... Let us know how it goes. And fear not - you will be adding lots of people from Crackberry to your messenger list - trust me. Almost all my friends on BBM are homies from CB. There are tons of awesome people here.
    07-23-08 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD