I tried searching, but found nothing, so here I am. I have a Pearl 8130 (VZW), my girlfriend has a Pearl 8110 (I think, T-mo) and her sister has the same phone. My girlfriend and I primarily chat on messenger, most of the day, but for some reason on Saturday afternoon, they just stopped. If she sends me a message, she just gets the clock, never goes to a check mark or anything. If I send one, I get the check mark, but no D or R or anything to know that it was sent. Her sisters phone will not send BB messages either. I didn't know if this was a large scale problem, or if it was common and there was a fix.

Anybody have any ideas? We have tried pulling the battery on both of our phones, but to no avail. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
    04-07-08 04:57 PM
    First step would be to try a battery pull. With the phone on remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in. Try this on each phone.

If it doesn't work, try removing the contact and re-adding.

If that doesn't work, log into the carrier's BIS web site and resend the service books.
    04-07-08 05:04 PM
    I think I figured it out.. apparently they cancelled their email data package. Since BB Messenger goes through data, that would be the reason it has stopped, correct?
    04-07-08 06:13 PM
    I have been having the exact same issue. Sometimes it works, other times it does not. When it is not working I have to hit "end conversation" and then it will let me read the message that my wife sends. I haven't been able to find a trend. I am also using Verizon though.
    04-08-08 06:11 AM
    I think I figured it out.. apparently they cancelled their email data package. Since BB Messenger goes through data, that would be the reason it has stopped, correct?
    Correct.
    No data=no BBM
    04-08-08 06:17 AM
    But my issue has nothing to do with that as I know we both have data plans.
    04-08-08 08:48 AM
    But you posted in this thread saying you were having the exact same issue. That is called a thread crap, where your issue is really different, and should be in its own thread.

Nevertheless--BBM can be screwy at times, especially on long conversations that might have been going on for a while.
    04-08-08 09:01 AM

Nevertheless--BBM can be screwy at times, especially on long conversations that might have been going on for a while.
    Yeah, I have a similar problem where a lot of times I don't get the "D", and my g/f will get the message like an hour later. We're both in good coverage, so I haven't been able to figure out why it happens.
    04-08-08 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD