Hi, im a newbie here so mind my questions lol. Do you need to have a balckberry plan to use bb messenger? Because right now i have a smartphone plan and im planning to get a BB, so would i need to get a BB plan or can i just stick to my regular smartphone plan? Much help is appreciated, Thanks
    05-10-09 09:55 AM
    You would need to get the blackberry data plan. I don't have it, and blackberry messenger doesn't work at all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 10:03 AM
    Yes because BBM use data.
    05-10-09 11:44 AM
    This is correct.
    05-10-09 11:46 AM
    Yes sir he is correct on this. Welcome to crackberry newbie!
    05-10-09 11:48 AM
    Since nobody I know has a BB, I deleted it. I got a MSN Messenger now.
    05-10-09 12:38 PM
    Well, i have a smartphone data plan and it comes with unlimited IM. Will this plan work with the pearl or does it have to be specifically a blackberry plan?
    05-10-09 04:18 PM
    probably needs to be a blackberry plan.... unlimited IM from carriers usually means SMS, not BB messages
    05-11-09 09:14 AM
    probably needs to be a blackberry plan.... unlimited IM from carriers usually means SMS, not BB messages
    So do you think i would be able to change my current smartphone plan to a bb plan? or could i be able to add a bb messenger plan to my smartphone plan (i hope this makes sense lol)
    Thanks
    05-11-09 04:45 PM
    You need a BB data plan - although you won't really need it if you do not know anyone who owns a BB! I don't think you can get it added on to your exisiting plan as BB messenger is of course exclusive to BB devices! Hope this helps, good luck. -Fob.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 05:55 PM
    So do you think i would be able to change my current smartphone plan to a bb plan? or could i be able to add a bb messenger plan to my smartphone plan (i hope this makes sense lol)
    Thanks
    Does anyone from Canada know if i am able to add bb messenger features to my smartphone plan or even change my existing smartphone plan to a bb plan?

Thanks.
    05-12-09 08:50 AM
    Does anyone from Canada know if i am able to add bb messenger features to my smartphone plan or even change my existing smartphone plan to a bb plan?

Thanks.
    If you have a BBplan than the messenger is a freebee from blackberry. Even all the major IM are freebees from BB.
    11-18-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD