I have just downloaded bb light from crackberry and it has installed fine. How do you get it work? When I press the button or enter it just takes me to the options.
    Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 07:37 AM
    All you have to do is select the options you want. It runs in the background. As an easy test, select "Activate on Startup" and select the "On External Power" option. Plug your BB into external power, and you'll see that the backlight stays on. That will prove that it's working.
    05-23-09 07:44 AM
    I thought it was a torch! Is it not?

05-23-09 07:53 AM
    I thought it was a torch! Is it not?

No, it's a program that allows you to override the BB's power saver function and keep the backlight on longer than 90 seconds. You could use it to keep the backlight on to simulate a torch, but that's not its intended function. For that, you'd want a simple on/off switch.
    05-23-09 08:22 AM
    No, it's a program that allows you to override the BB's power saver function and keep the backlight on longer than 90 seconds. You could use it to keep the backlight on to simulate a torch, but that's not its intended function. For that, you'd want a simple on/off switch.
    That stinks; I was led to believe it was some kind of flashlight app.
    05-29-09 09:14 AM
    Don't knock BBLight for not being something it was never intended to be. There are flashlight apps. There may even be free ones. I haven't used one, so I can't give you any specific titles. Check the CrackBerry Store and App World.

05-29-09 09:17 AM
    Don't knock BBLight for not being something it was never intended to be. There are flashlight apps. There may even be free ones. I haven't used one, so I can't give you any specific titles. Check the CrackBerry Store and App World.

Well, I did get my information from a crackberry sticky; http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...4/#post2669074

It clearly says "flashlight app".

You dudes gotta lighten up.
    05-29-09 09:21 AM
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake. We'll fix it. And if I came across as hostile, I apologize.

05-29-09 09:24 AM
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake. We'll fix it. And if I came across as hostile, I apologize.

No problem and no, you didn't come across hostile.

You guys do come across as "better than thou" at times, but no blood-no foul.
    05-29-09 09:26 AM
    It's fixed now. Thanks again for your help. That mistake probably explains a few other confused posts in the last few days, but nobody else thought to tell *why* they thought it was a flashlight app.

05-29-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD