Hi, I am very, very new with using a BB. I have two email accounts hooked up with it, Yahoo and AOL. Why does it take longer to receive aol emails over yahoo emails. I was playing around and sent myself an email 1 from each and the aol email took about 20mins longer to receive than the yahoo message. Any reasons why?
    Thanks
    Last edited by baseball2; 11-30-07 at 05:25 AM.
    11-30-07 05:23 AM
    Because yahoo has agreements with RIM to have priority service same with Gmail and Godaddy, where as AOL does not...also in all actuality 15 mins is normal, the blackberry system is set up to check email every 15 mins UNLESS it detects that their is a conversation going on...

Example: If you send just one email it may take the 15 mins, but then say someone sends you and email back, the system is designed to detect that and will "poll" or "request" the checking of email accounts more often, to keep the conversation going, if it does not detect a conversation, it will not poll for approx. another 15 mins.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-30-07 at 05:30 AM.
    11-30-07 05:26 AM
    hey thanks
    11-30-07 05:38 AM
    Hi! I'm a new BB pearl owner and CB addict too, also on Verizon. I have my Groupwise email and aol accounts set up on BIS. I'm ok with aol, but I get random emails from two and more weeks ago from my work inbox-I have over 500 emails in my inbox but a lot of the same ones (but no more than 10 at a time) keep getting pushed to my blackberry. I need to store my large # of msgs at work. Any ideas about the random email push? Your help will be appreciated.
    12-02-07 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD