I have had my BB for about two weeks now and love it. I have two issues:

When I press address book key to view my contacts, I get the find screen, I type the first few letters, and it takes me to a "new contact" screen, when I am actually trying to pull up existing contacts. Is there a way to always view your contact list?

When I compose a text message, and try to add multiple contacts, it doesnt recognize that, and sends me to a screen to physically type the number in, as if that contact doesnt exist.

When I am able to access my contact list, all of my contacts are there, but its as if other apps are not recognizing it. Sometimes, I am able to type in the first few letters of their name and access them that way.

Thanks for your help.
    01-23-08 09:46 AM
    battery pull is my first suggestion, and only, i haven't had this problem...just double checked, mine works good, sorry
    01-23-08 09:57 AM
    Anyone know how to fix the address book? My contacts all of the sudden are not showing in personal or business. It does not appear until I change the options, then the list instantly disappears again...

Under options it states that I actually have the contact volume, but they are not populating.

Help!

Any help would be appreciated.
    02-04-08 08:31 PM
    Just got my 8130 yesterday (Sprint), manually entered a few contacts and everything was great. Two hours later, everything was missing, but the phone told me it was holding 23 contacts. I added 3 more, and still none of them show.

Can anyone help??
    03-09-08 10:26 AM
    Anyone know how to fix the address book? My contacts all of the sudden are not showing in personal or business. It does not appear until I change the options, then the list instantly disappears again...

Under options it states that I actually have the contact volume, but they are not populating.

Help!

Any help would be appreciated.
    This is a known issue with the 8130. Hard reset (which is a battery pull) will usually fix it, but if not, there is nothing you can really do. Another known issue with the 8130 is that sometimes when you get new messages, it wont let you click on the messages icon. Like, you click on it but it just sits there and doesn't go into it. Hard reset for that as well. I personally dont like the 8130 because it has all kinds of little problems.
    03-09-08 11:40 AM
    Just got my 8130 yesterday (Sprint), manually entered a few contacts and everything was great. Two hours later, everything was missing, but the phone told me it was holding 23 contacts. I added 3 more, and still none of them show.

Can anyone help??
    Ha ha, yep, see one above.
    03-09-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD