Am I the only person with a BlackBerry that thinks having to pull the battery regularly is ridiculous? I don't know of any other electronic device that requires you to pull the battery so much that everybody just sees it as the same as pushing a button... I've never had a phone before my BB that I've had to pull the battery out of, ever.

Does nobody else think that a BlackBerry should just WORK correctly all the time???? Am I crazy???
    01-28-09 02:30 PM
    you read my mind ...esp if you have a case to remove each time
    01-28-09 02:41 PM
    How many other products do you leave on all the time, and expect to work 100%? computer you turn off, TV you turn off, car, xbox, ps3. Maybe your alarm clock works 24/7.
    01-28-09 02:48 PM
    You DO NOT have to pull your battery, reset or otherwise restart
    your phone on any regular basis. If you do a modicum of basic
    housekeeping you will find this is unnecessary.

1) Clear your browser cache
    2) Clear your event log
    3) Delete SMS/MMS and Emails that are unnecessary.
    4) Properly close apps you are not using.

I have not reset my phone in any way in close to 2 months.
    My memory is fine and my phone functions flawlessly.
    01-28-09 06:34 PM
    I agree with AG, you need to learn memory optimization and get rid of the useless crap you don't need off the device. The search tool will help you greatly...
    01-28-09 06:36 PM
    I too have had to pull my battery out about twice a month minimum. So frustrating.
    01-28-09 06:45 PM
    You DO NOT have to pull your battery, reset or otherwise restart
    your phone on any regular basis. If you do a modicum of basic
    housekeeping you will find this is unnecessary.

1) Clear your browser cache
    2) Clear your event log
    3) Delete SMS/MMS and Emails that are unnecessary.
    4) Properly close apps you are not using.

I have not reset my phone in any way in close to 2 months.
    My memory is fine and my phone functions flawlessly.
    how do you access the event log? what information does it hold? i'm assuming since you can delete it, it's not incredibly important...
    01-28-09 07:58 PM
    I use to not ever have a problem and lately I have to do a battery pull every other day. I have read all of the posts and tips and tricks. Clean memory cache etc.... My 8130 goes from 13. To 8 in a matter of hours some times. It is getting really annoying. Let me just say that I really really like my blackberry and even bought one for my wife a curve which works really great and I keep hers running well. But this is starting to get really annoying. How do I stop the memory leak. I have even stoped using the maps. And still have major problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 08:08 PM
    Amen, AG!!
    01-28-09 08:37 PM
    how do you access the event log? what information does it hold? i'm assuming since you can delete it, it's not incredibly important...
    i believe that's alt + L, G, L, G (hold the alt key while pressing L G L G)
    01-28-09 09:10 PM
    There are apps that take over the function of a battery pull! They're called SoftReset and QuickPull.

01-28-09 09:19 PM
    There are apps that take over the function of a battery pull! They're called SoftReset and QuickPull.

Those will free up memory, but if there is an issue with your berry, nothing replaces the battery pull IMO...
    01-28-09 09:22 PM
    True but for myself, it really is a pain in the a$$ to have to physically pull the battery about every month. So that's why I prefer SoftReset!

01-28-09 09:26 PM
    those of you who are doing a battery pull once a month are lucky....i do one at least once a day! I've given up on having multiple themes on my phone or even running viigo.
    01-28-09 09:37 PM
    The quickpull works great on the 8130 with the 4.5 os and its free from this site. Try it.

01-28-09 09:41 PM
    those of you who are doing a battery pull once a month are lucky....i do one at least once a day! I've given up on having multiple themes on my phone or even running viigo.
    You can fix that, read up here more. I have been running Viigo for awhile(the new private beta was released yesterday) and still have no issues. You have a mini computer in your hand, you have to learn to manage your 3rd party applications and close them out properly. If there are things you are not using on your device, get them off...
    01-28-09 09:42 PM
    You can fix that, read up here more. I have been running Viigo for awhile(the new private beta was released yesterday) and still have no issues. You have a mini computer in your hand, you have to learn to manage your 3rd party applications and close them out properly. If there are things you are not using on your device, get them off...
    I always exit all my applications properly so that there is nothing running in the background. I also have very few third party apps on my device. I delete the cookies, the event log and clean the memory daily.

I understand that it is impossible to have a device with unlimited memory but the thing should warn us before its going to delete all our emails, texts etc! How hard is it to have a warning message come up saying that your device is running low on memory and will begin deleting texts, emails etc soon???
    Last edited by pinkybella; 01-28-09 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling, paragaphs etc
    01-28-09 09:46 PM

I have tried everything and have yet to get these apps to work. I keep getting an error and to no avail, I cannot get them to work. So, I am left with no option but a battery pull.

Of course, I don't pull but once or twice a month... maybe three times.

msblueline
    01-28-09 09:55 PM
    pinkybella - could it be the number of themes and languages you have installed? do you happen to have viigo or facebook? these are the usual suspects

msblueline - try alt + left shift + del. that's the soft reset these apps are simulating. not sure if it works on pearl.
    01-28-09 10:18 PM
    I use to not ever have a problem and lately I have to do a battery pull every other day. I have read all of the posts and tips and tricks. Clean memory cache etc.... My 8130 goes from 13. To 8 in a matter of hours some times. It is getting really annoying. Let me just say that I really really like my blackberry and even bought one for my wife a curve which works really great and I keep hers running well. But this is starting to get really annoying. How do I stop the memory leak. I have even stoped using the maps. And still have major problems.
    If you are starting at 13mb on a 64mb device, that is the beginning of your
    problems. Something is consuming over 80% of your total memory.

Take a look at the memory optimization guide and the CrackMem program,
    both in my signature.
    01-28-09 10:22 PM
    pinkybella - could it be the number of themes and languages you have installed? do you happen to have viigo or facebook? these are the usual suspects

msblueline - try alt + left shift + del. that's the soft reset these apps are simulating. not sure if it works on pearl.
    That's why these other apps exist I guess, cause it doesn't work on the Pearl. We don't have a left shift key. Only got one shift on the Pearl. I keep getting a java error of some sort.

msblueline
    01-28-09 10:24 PM
    Tried this and it did nothing. Is it suppose to bring up the event log in the Pearl too?
    i believe that's alt + L, G, L, G (hold the alt key while pressing L G L G)
    01-28-09 11:39 PM
    oops sorry my bad
    still no luck with the apps?
    01-28-09 11:40 PM
    The alt+**** thing does not work with the Pearls! That only applies to Curves, Bolds etc.

01-28-09 11:41 PM
    The alt+**** thing does not work with the Pearls! That only applies to Curves, Bolds etc.

It brought my event log up just fine on the Pearl.

Alt (black and gray up down arrow on the botton left of the screen) and L G L G

Don't look for the "plus sign" it is "Alt L G L G".

msblueline
    01-28-09 11:45 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD