Migrating from a Treo 700W to the 8130
    There some things I sincerely miss:
    - Soft Keys speed dial buttons on the touch screen
    - Battery life - no matter what combination of standby or other actions or settings I must charge the battery every morning (almost completely drains every night).

Please suggest some tips.
    12-25-07 04:33 PM
    Not sure what to say about the battery life? My pearl battery life was awesome! Are you running a lot of applications in the backround? Also try a battery pull to reset it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-07 05:28 PM
    Battery life on mine is outstanding. I consider that If I can get a full day without a charge, thats wonderfull compaired to ALL other smart phones.
    12-25-07 09:26 PM
    - Battery life - no matter what combination of standby or other actions or settings I must charge the battery every morning (almost completely drains every night).

Please suggest some tips.
    As others have stated, battery life on the 8130 is actually quite impressive for this type of device. Perhaps you have a bum battery, ask VZW to swap a new battery.
    12-26-07 06:39 AM
    Do you have Viigo installed? Is it set to run in the background? That might be killing your battery.

Also, do you have other applications like that, i.e. running in the background?
    12-26-07 08:13 AM
    I must charge my battery every night; but I consider the battery life as OK as long as I can get through an entire day without recharging. My regular RAZR phone barely lasted a day until I bought the extended battery/cover...and the Pearl does so much more. I wish Peral offered an extended battery/cover option, but a day is all I get now.
    12-26-07 08:56 AM
    12-26-07 08:59 AM
    SNIP.... I wish Peral offered an extended battery/cover option, but a day is all I get now.
    Cory look here at post #6
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/loo...-8130-a-11674/
    or...
    Blackberry>> >>8130
    12-26-07 11:15 AM
    Hi..Thanks for the links, but Sedonline doesn't show an extended battery or cover for the 8130...at least not yet. Am I looking wrong?
    12-26-07 11:35 AM
    Hi..Thanks for the links, but Sedonline doesn't show an extended battery or cover for the 8130...at least not yet. Am I looking wrong?
    They don't show it because I looked to, but in the link for the thread someone said they had it. Maybe need to call them.
    12-26-07 11:46 AM
    I emailed Seidio last week. They responded that they are working on an extended battery but not sure when it will be released.
    12-26-07 12:22 PM
    Battery life on mine is outstanding. I consider that If I can get a full day without a charge, thats wonderfull compaired to ALL other smart phones.
    I 2nd that. I can go about 2 days without a charge on my Pearl. On the hand, my last phone (Sprint Mogul) I had to charge it every nite!

R-
    12-26-07 01:27 PM
    I must charge my battery every night; but I consider the battery life as OK as long as I can get through an entire day without recharging. My regular RAZR phone barely lasted a day until I bought the extended battery/cover...and the Pearl does so much more. I wish Peral offered an extended battery/cover option, but a day is all I get now.
    There are plenty of sellers on eBay for extended batteries w/covers.
    12-26-07 02:34 PM
    I plug my phone in every night regardless. So I really haven't noticed.
    12-27-07 12:07 AM
    I agree the battery life sucks. I've found that doing a battery pull once in a while helps. Not sure why, but every few days, the battery will drain rapidly for no reason. The battery pull seems to stop it from draining so much. Im a bit disappointed. You have a phone with all these features (internet, TV, etc) but if I use any of them, my phone is dead in no time. I'm thinking of switching to one of the newer Palm Treo units. I've heard from people who have those that battery life is great. Also, the Windows system from what I have seen is much better than BB. I have a friend who has the iphone and the internet capability is unreal. BB doesn't even compare.
    12-27-07 10:33 AM
    I agree the battery life sucks. I've found that doing a battery pull once in a while helps. Not sure why, but every few days, the battery will drain rapidly for no reason. The battery pull seems to stop it from draining so much. Im a bit disappointed. You have a phone with all these features (internet, TV, etc) but if I use any of them, my phone is dead in no time. I'm thinking of switching to one of the newer Palm Treo units. I've heard from people who have those that battery life is great. Also, the Windows system from what I have seen is much better than BB. I have a friend who has the iphone and the internet capability is unreal. BB doesn't even compare.

Bro, I would research Palm based phone reviews. Like Phone Scoope and Phone area or ask here, cause they are not all they are said to be, the windows OS on most bog them down and bettery life is not to impressive.

Also remember your using a thinner battery hence the thin device.... So if you want a long lasting battery you will get a fatter device...... Which is the way palm based windows phones are.
    12-27-07 01:44 PM
    I don't know what everyone has such a problem with. I got my phone 6 days ago and have charged it 3 times. I took it home and used it all night on the charge from the store (just using the phone/texting, I didn't set up much until the next day). I charged it from usb all night, and it didn't even charge all the way because I didn't have usb drivers installed. Later that day it got charged the rest of the way. I have charged it twice since then (last Saturday). The most recent being yesterday afternoon while at work. I currently have 65% left. Each time I have let it drop to 10% or less, maybe this is why. Maybe it's because it's intermitently plugged into my computer for transfers/backups, but never for longer than 15 minutes. Check this link for a comparison of a few smartphones.
    Last edited by UV_Blue; 12-27-07 at 03:33 PM.
    12-27-07 03:30 PM
    Here are some battery tips...
    Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ
    Interesting. I always thought that charging your phone when there's still battery left was bad. Thanks for the link!
    12-27-07 09:05 PM
    I just switched from a Treo to the Pearl. The battery seemed to last a little longer on the Treo, but I am on the Pearl constantly all day long. I have never ran out of juice even after a 16 hour day at work. I always plug in at night and it's good to go in the morning.
    12-28-07 08:16 AM
    I just switched from a Treo to the Pearl. The battery seemed to last a little longer on the Treo, but I am on the Pearl constantly all day long. I have never ran out of juice even after a 16 hour day at work. I always plug in at night and it's good to go in the morning.
    What do you like better about the pearl?
    12-28-07 02:43 PM
    The battery life on every Treo I've seen is terrible. I get 5 days from my 8800. I use it for data only, no phone calls.
    12-28-07 03:05 PM
    i am going t o have to go out on a limb here and say that i had a pearl before and now i have the 8320 curve, and i can get a good 2 full days off my curve, and i do text and run viigo. i believe the blackberry battery life is amazing, so i suggest a battery pull or a new battery.
    12-28-07 03:06 PM
    Do NOT get a treo. I have had all of them since treo 300. The battery life is horrible. The phone itself is a piece of dung compsed to pearl. I would never get a treo now that I have a blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-07 09:10 PM
    I was wondering about my battery life also. My phone does seem to be charging quick, but it also seems to be draining awfully quick.

I do text a lot but i have 3 bars of service usually.

I haven't been browsing a lot checking scores every once and awhile. When I'm done browsing i always either HOLD in the swooping arrow back button or use the blackberry button and scroll down select close. I pray for the life of me I'm not running it when i think i close it.

I'm a little confused because i wouldn't call the battery life terrible but its sub-par from what i was expecting. Thinking about going back to the store and maybe asking one of the useless tech guys there if there is a problem or maybe for a replacement battery.

p.s.- I was reading that there is a way to check which programs are running. Its the alt button in the left hand bottom corner and then the swooping arrow button next to the ball? When i do this on the home screen "call log", "BBmessenger", "Browser", "messages" and "Home screen" all show up. Every time?? Am i pushing the wrong buttons to see whats running or is my browser really running?

Sorry ahead of time if I'm confusing anyone, but i sure you all remember being a newbie lol.
    12-29-07 02:03 PM
    p.s.- I was reading that there is a way to check which programs are running. Its the alt button in the left hand bottom corner and then the swooping arrow button next to the ball?
    Nope, thats the shortcut for Switch Applications. Offhand I don't recall the shortcut you're looking for.
    12-29-07 05:56 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD