I am big on texting (as I'm sure most of you are) and it seems if I am texting most of the day, my battery is pretty much dead around 7 or so at night. Anyone else having this problem??
    I actually didn't talk on my phone today at all, and the battery life was just drained completely from texting. Never had a problem with this on any other phone...
    Thoughts?
    03-08-08 10:59 PM
    Yeah... I work with sprint blackberry support, and a ****ty battery life is a known problem with the pearl... when people call us and complain about it, we pretty much have to find a nice way to tell them too bad.... honestly, when you sign up for the pearl you take it for its bad battery life. Thats pretty much all you can do.
    03-08-08 11:02 PM
    How long have you had you 8130? I noticed the first couple of weeks my battery drained quickly, but it seems to hold a charge better now...

Also, are you in areas with good signal? Because if you're in areas where the phone has to work for a signal, you're losing battery strength to that as well.
    03-08-08 11:03 PM
    what about the curve i am iming on my yahoo and my battery is almost dead is 2 hrs wth does it do that how do i fix that
    03-08-08 11:08 PM
    How long have you had you 8130? I noticed the first couple of weeks my battery drained quickly, but it seems to hold a charge better now...

Also, are you in areas with good signal? Because if you're in areas where the phone has to work for a signal, you're losing battery strength to that as well.
    I've had it almost a month and signal is always good.

Maybe I have too many apps running??
    03-08-08 11:21 PM
    Yes, def check if you have apps running in background. You may also want to consider the Seidio extended battery, many folks including myself are pleased with its performance.

1250MAH OEM SIZED EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY 8130 / PEARL II - BASI12BBX4S
    03-09-08 07:47 AM
    You've got a problem somewhere down the line. In the week i've had mine, the oem battery never got below 50% in a day and I have used it to death, texting, calling, surfing and tinkering, plus at work i'm in a fringe ev area, so i'm bouncing in between 1x and ev all day. Battery life out of the chute is better than my env was. Now with the 1250 , i'm at 100% for the first hour, and it is supposed to get better after a week.
    Maybe make sure you close all your apps when your done.
    03-09-08 08:54 AM
    You've got a problem somewhere down the line. In the week i've had mine, the oem battery never got below 50% in a day and I have used it to death, texting, calling, surfing and tinkering, plus at work i'm in a fringe ev area, so i'm bouncing in between 1x and ev all day. Battery life out of the chute is better than my env was. Now with the 1250 , i'm at 100% for the first hour, and it is supposed to get better after a week.
    Maybe make sure you close all your apps when your done.
    Yeah, I have to agree here. The OP probably has either a lot of apps running, or programs that frequently check for updates. Those two things can eat up battery power.
    03-09-08 09:12 AM
    It looks like only my email is running all the time. Unless I'm not checking right?
    03-09-08 09:59 AM
    LLBean, hold down your alt key and then press down the Esc key (to the right of the trackball). There are 5 apps you cannot close:

Browser
    Home
    Email
    Messenger
    Call Log

All others open, you should close immediately after you're finished with them.
    03-09-08 01:24 PM
    LLBean, hold down your alt key and then press down the Esc key (to the right of the trackball). There are 5 apps you cannot close:

Browser
    Home
    Email
    Messenger
    Call Log

All others open, you should close immediately after you're finished with them.
    I did this and I see all of the above plus calculator, google maps, and options. I went to close them all and only google maps went away....
    03-09-08 05:12 PM
    I did this and I see all of the above plus calculator, google maps, and options. I went to close them all and only google maps went away....
    Then your calculator and gmaps didn't close. You need to actually close them.
    03-09-08 06:44 PM
    You should have no issues with battery life I can text, bb messenger, and make calls and not have to charge for like 2 days. If you're using Jivetalk or something and leaving it on that can drain your battery.
    03-09-08 07:02 PM
    The only app I have dloaded is google maps. maybe I should stop in and get a new battery from alltel..

anyone know if that's covered under warranty?
    03-09-08 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD