I've noticed that the Lcd blinks yellow when the battery drops to 15 %. Is there a way to disable it? It's kind of annoying. I could not find the option on my Pearl to disable it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 06:29 AM
    To the best of my knowledge, no!! I keep 2 batteries. A high cap and the one it comes with. Never get caught with no power!! It's no fun!!

08-15-08 06:30 AM
    I guess I'll have to keep it above 15%. It's not that big of a deal, but when you're lying in bed at night with the lights off and you're browsing the web or playing a game and the LCD starts blinking yellow and won't stop, and you're tired and don't feel like getting up (don't want to wake up the wife) to re-charge or even turn off the phone....that's a moment when it would be nice to have the option to disable it. Thanks for replying.
    Last edited by Nick917; 08-15-08 at 06:41 AM.
    08-15-08 06:38 AM
    I hear you should avoid letting your battery drop below 25%. Many CB members try to keep their battery topped off.

08-15-08 06:43 AM
    I guess I'll have to keep it above 15%. It's not that big of a deal, but when you're lying in bed at night with the lights off and you're browsing the web or playing a game and the LCD starts blinking yellow and won't stop, and you're tired and don't feel like getting up (don't want to wake up the wife) to re-charge or even turn off the phone....that's a moment when it would be nice to have the option to disable it. Thanks for replying.
    Buy an additional with the charger. CB has everything that you may need to keep your addiction fueled!!

08-15-08 06:46 AM
    I never understood this many phones do it however. The battery gets low so continuously blinks hence using MORE battery power?!?
    It should notify for a short period then go into standby to conserve power.
    08-15-08 06:48 AM
    The power consumption used by LED technology is extremely negligible... IMO, the constant visual reminder of the slowly blinking LED far outweighs the insignificant additional battery drain.
    08-15-08 07:03 AM
    Yeah, that annoying battery Led cannot be turned off. As was said before, keep an extra battery handy for those low batt situations.
    08-15-08 07:26 AM
    Since we are on the topic, I know that the battery gets used more when connected to a Bluetooth device, but does the battery also consume if Bluetooth is set to ON but you are out of range and not connected to it but still have the blue indicator showing on the home screen?

Last edited by Nick917; 08-15-08 at 08:38 AM.
    08-15-08 08:17 AM
    Turn the handset over and let it flash into the nightstand
    08-15-08 01:35 PM
    Having the Bluetooth radio turned on eats battery life.

08-15-08 07:40 PM
    My Bluetooth doesn't eat up much juice on the battery. I got the 925 Discovery. I slide it in my side holster with a sleeper magnet and it is not that bad at all...
    08-15-08 07:48 PM
    nope thats one thing you'll have to deal with its just letting you know it needs soome juice, treat your BB like a pet lmao
    08-18-08 12:16 AM
    my low battery on my bold doesnt even flash for me idk why
    07-15-10 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD