My new 8120 has a bunch of applications on it, thus the battery life is shorter than normal. I have no problem with that. What I dont understand is how, the battery is 80% charged, I SHUT THE PHONE OFF and go to bed. When I wake up, the phone is completly dead. Keep in mind, it was 80% charged when I shut the phone off.

Any help or suggestions? This is a real problem as I use the phone to wake me up in the morning (scrambling today as I woke up 45 mintues late thanks to no alarm clock!!!)

thanks,

John
    09-15-08 10:31 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry John.

That is where Auto On/Off comes in handy.

I have mine set to auto off at 11:00 PM and on again when I am likely to wake up. Your can be set to auto on just before your scheduled alarm.

The other option is to recharge it overnight. It will wake you up with a fresh charge and be ready for the day.
    09-15-08 05:02 PM
    Reed,

Thanks, I currently use auto on/off, set for 11pm / 6 AM. That's what is confusing. The phone was OFF, yet the battery drained. Any way that is possible???
    09-15-08 08:52 PM
    I would say its the battery... do a test: charge the battery fully, then remove it from the blackberry for the night. If it still drains while not it, I would replace the battery. And if its fine while not in the blackberry... I dunno what to tell you. I would try another battery.
    09-15-08 09:20 PM
    Battery test, thanks for the suggestion. Sure enough, I have a couple batteries that only hold charges for a few hours, thus it dies while I sleep.

Thanks,

John
    09-16-08 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD